Player (and manager) threads

C

I think that C would be best as this would mean that those that just want to 'bang on' and have the joy of 'hearing' their own posts will hopefully stay in that sub-forum and not pollute threads in the main forum - although I guess it would take some strict control/moderation to ensure that they do not keep creating similar threads in the main forum.

My apologies that this will seem overly-negative - but the problem is that we do have posters that just like the 'sound' of their own posts - it is part of the reason that we have the problem in the first place.

Having had a match day to test it i think it is better if you just want to read the post match but joining in isn't great at there is a ton of different conversations going on covering the game and all the players and i think we have 2 mp threads now instead of one.The jury is out for me
i agree too many threads should just be the one

C and /or D. And may l suggest I you start C / D make up the topic headlines so you can actually let people know where to put what. And maybe if you start a player/manager category enable making a new topic in that one.

We introduced these last season as we felt it would help stop the forum from getting too cluttered and prevent duplicate threads, which was reasonable enough. However, with hindsight I don't think it's really worked as intended.

We now have a situation whereby everything relating to a player is lumped into one topic. It's a bit prosaic and formulaic, and stifles debate. For instance, in the Toure thread recently (just as an example) we had three concurrent debates lumped together in one thread (his agent's comments about Guardiola, the African Player of the Year issue, and his current form), when they all merited separate discussion.

You also sometimes end up with certain posters using these threads just to slag players off, which can be a bit tedious.

We've decided to try and change things so will trial locking those huge threads (including the media bias thread), and people can just start new, more specific topics as and when appropriate.

I know some people think we keep changing things for the sake of it, but obviously we're not trying to piss people off. We're just constantly trying to find ways to improve the forum, and if it doesn't work then we'll happily reassess it.

Any feedback, as always, welcomed.

Cheers,
Ric

I don't think a thread dedicated to a player is such a bad thing as long as it stays within the code of conduct that applies to all threads.

Debating or discussing or stating facts on players in a single thread that covers more than one topic at the same time within that thread is fine and even if a new thread is started ie African footballer of the year which I would argue even if it involves discussing the merits of Yaya's credentials would be in the general forum as opposed to the bluemoon forum are fine to.

Some will always overlap.

I for example have asked for detail on the nature of Bony's injury in the pre match thread but it could also have note in a thread titled Bony's current injury situation which one could argue is specifc in itself although history suggests the range of subjects contained with such a thread could spread to other player injuries and well beyond and often relatively quickly dependant on who posts when they post and what they post.

This will always be the case and we hope common sense prevails and achievable bandwidth is not thrown into doubt as a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.