Silva 2
Toure 2
Balotelli 0
Džeko 2

Tévez 2
Wright-Phillips 2

goatfeeder100 said:
sweep said:
It was always going to be tough going over there, even so there were a lot of under par individuals for us tonight.

Under par perhaps but I thought we were the better side for the most part. Think they knew that as well which is why they resorted to the counter attack. Fair play to them for their tactics, they took the few chances they had and we just weren't quite incisive enough on the numerous occasions we got to their box. Just not our night but the hysterical reaction of some fans on here isn't justified.
Can't disagree with any of that goatfeeder.

Edit: I don't see why why Micah seems to be getting generally (relatively) high ratings, he was ball watching and out of position nearly every Kiev attack. I thought he was awful, we got away with it most of the time but eventually got punished with their second goal.

goatfeeder100 said:
Unbelievably harsh ratings by some of you on here. I don't even think we deserved to lose tonight.

To have lost 0-2 to a very ordinary Kiev side took some doing - but Manchester CharITY strike again.

With perhaps the exception of the defence, we were inept, insipid, and totally devoid of idea's. A night of total frustration. Thankfully Kiev are shit enough for us to put it right in the return - assuming we can be bothered to turn up and play.

1961_vintage said:
goatfeeder100 said:
Unbelievably harsh ratings by some of you on here. I don't even think we deserved to lose tonight.

To have lost 0-2 to a very ordinary Kiev side took some doing - but Manchester CharITY strike again.

With perhaps the exception of the defence, we were inept, insipid, and totally devoid of idea's. A night of total frustration. Thankfully Kiev are shit enough for us to put it right in the return - assuming we can be bothered to turn up and play.

Ordinary Kiev side who have been in European competition every year that I have been alive and know what they are doing especially at home.

It's hardly losing at home to Mansfield in the Johnstones Paint Trophy is it.

goatfeeder100 said:
1961_vintage said:

Ordinary Kiev side who have been in European competition every year that I have been alive and know what they are doing especially at home.

I'm not making an observation on their history - on the pitch, on the night, I thought they were ordinary and there for the taking if we had applied ourselves consistently across all 11.

As for the Mansfield game - do you mean the Auto Windscreens jobber?? Just as cold if I remember rightly!!

goatfeeder100 said:
1961_vintage said:

I was there. And in the Simod Cup.
That team cost nothing. Tonight's team cost tens of millions.
Forgive those of us who expect better players to play better.
Change the record and change your standards and expectations.

LongsightM13 said:
goatfeeder100 said:

Change what record?

We're not even out of the tournament yet anyway, and even if we do get knocked out next week it could be of benefit to the rest of our season.

To win the Europa League we would need to play another 6 matches, add that to a potential 3 more FA Cup games and that puts an already tiring and faltering squad at serious risk of gassing out before a Champions League place is secured. That was the minimum objective for the season. Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea are all battling with us, we still have to go to Chelsea and Liverpool, Spurs at home is never a good fixture for us. Add Everton away to that, and we have a very, very tough run-in to the end of the season. If we were to lose next Thursday then at least the players will have some sort of rest in between some very tough Premiership fixtures.

I do not for one minute want us to go out of the Europa League next week but if we do then it could seriously aid our chances of a top 4 spot. The FA Cup is a far more realistic trophy target than the Europa League and it is ridiculous that we have been favourites for Europe since day one. Out of the last 16 tonight, only we don't have any Champs League experience. That is what we are gunning for above anything else this season so if anything had to be sacrificed in order to help us achieve a top 4 spot, it would be the Europa League.

goatfeeder100 said:
sweep said:
It was always going to be tough going over there, even so there were a lot of under par individuals for us tonight.

Under par perhaps but I thought we were the better side for the most part. Think they knew that as well which is why they resorted to the counter attack. Fair play to them for their tactics, they took the few chances they had and we just weren't quite incisive enough on the numerous occasions we got to their box. Just not our night but the hysterical reaction of some fans on here isn't justified.

Maybe we were not awful.Maybe they resorted to the counter attack because we were having plenty of the ball. BUT if they know anything about City it is that we are poor when sides sit tight against us and look to break.It seems at times we could have all the ball and not score (hardly create) and all the opposition need is a break and a chance and we lose a goal.

My guess is the game went exactly how Kiev would have wanted the game to go. Can we get through.Of course we can

goatfeeder100 said:
LongsightM13 said:

Change what record?

We're not even out of the tournament yet anyway, and even if we do get knocked out next week it could be of benefit to the rest of our season.

To win the Europa League we would need to play another 6 matches, add that to a potential 3 more FA Cup games and that puts an already tiring and faltering squad at serious risk of gassing out before a Champions League place is secured. That was the minimum objective for the season. Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea are all battling with us, we still have to go to Chelsea and Liverpool, Spurs at home is never a good fixture for us. Add Everton away to that, and we have a very, very tough run-in to the end of the season. If we were to lose next Thursday then at least the players will have some sort of rest in between some very tough Premiership fixtures.

I do not for one minute want us to go out of the Europa League next week but if we do then it could seriously aid our chances of a top 4 spot. The FA Cup is a far more realistic trophy target than the Europa League and it is ridiculous that we have been favourites for Europe since day one. Out of the last 16 tonight, only we don't have any Champs League experience. That is what we are gunning for above anything else this season so if anything had to be sacrificed in order to help us achieve a top 4 spot, it would be the Europa League.
To win the FA Cup we will have to beat Arsenal or the rags.
Do you seriously think that will be easier than the B-listers of the Europa League?
If so, you really need to learn your football

LongsightM13 said:
goatfeeder100 said:
Change what record?

To win the FA Cup we will have to beat Arsenal or the rags.
Do you seriously think that will be easier than the B-listers of the Europa League?
If so, you really need to learn your football

A bit rich coming from someone who expected us to go to Kiev and win comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.