Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Over the 90 minutes I thought he was our best player yesterday.

He's a likeable character and a great asset in games against defensive teams. Yesterday he was excellent. But it's only a fortnight since he was appalling against Barcelona.

Horses for courses with him and clichy. Clichy every time for the best opponents. Kolorov for the overlaps against the bus parkers.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's a likeable character and a great asset in games against defensive teams. Yesterday he was excellent. But it's only a fortnight since he was appalling against Barcelona.

Horses for courses with him and clichy. Clichy every time for the best opponents. Kolorov for the overlaps against the bus parkers.

Not seen him have a great game in midfield so shouldn't be played there. The idea is good, help with the defensive side whilst playing further up to get more killer balls in, but it's yet to work.

What a transformation from our final.game of last season and the shit he was getting for seemingly not trying....

Deservedly first choice this season...fair play to the lad

johnmc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Not seen him have a great game in midfield so shouldn't be played there. The idea is good, help with the defensive side whilst playing further up to get more killer balls in, but it's yet to work.

Actually. It was barca when he did ok in midfield. I was happy with that. It was the Chelsea league game where he lost the plot a bit

Much improved under Pellegrini but I feel far more confident when Clichy plays.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
taconinja said:
Yeah but I know more than you so...........
Just saying it would be a whole lot of money and we would still likely have question marks. Now if we were to purchase a left winger to go with one of them, it's another story.

It's al about opinions mate, we have notable deficiencies on the left of central defence and left back, I think we'll break the bank for Mangala and so we should, the left back spot should be a purchase for the next 7-8 years or longer, baines obviously doesn't meet that criteria, shaw on the other hand will be one of the best in the business in 1/2 years, unfortunately he's going the chavs, he would however gel perfectly to our style...
When you think about it, this is really a matter of relative riches. It's much better than it used to be, isn't it? :)<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:55 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
johnmc said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Actually. It was barca when he did ok in midfield. I was happy with that. It was the Chelsea league game where he lost the plot a bit
Yeah, I was going to ask about that as I thought the combination of him and Clichy kept Alves really quiet. the Chelsea game wasn't great, though.

taconinja said:
taconinja said:
Just saying it would be a whole lot of money and we would still likely have question marks. Now if we were to purchase a left winger to go with one of them, it's another story.

It's al about opinions mate, we have notable deficiencies on the left of central defence and left back, I think we'll break the bank for Mangala and so we should, the left back spot should be a purchase for the next 7-8 years or longer, baines obviously doesn't meet that criteria, shaw on the other hand will be one of the best in the business in 1/2 years, unfortunately he's going the chavs, he would however gel perfectly to our style...
When you think about it, this is really a matter of relative riches. It's much better than it used to be, isn't it? :)

-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:55 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:
johnmc said:

Yeah, I was going to ask about that as I thought the combination of him and Clichy kept Alves really quiet. the Chelsea game wasn't great, though.

alves quiet? what game were you watching

Bpughh said:
taconinja said:
When you think about it, this is really a matter of relative riches. It's much better than it used to be, isn't it? :)

-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:55 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:

alves quiet? what game were you watching
The game where he was quiet and Barcelona weren't scoring until we went down to 10 men and had to abandon our opening strategy. Which one were you watching?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.