Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Think I heard someone say that his recent run of games is the longest unbroken stint he's had at the club in a few seasons. Not sure if that's true. or not. Is there a site which shows the team fielded on a game-by-game basis?

bluesimon said:
He's arguably been our best player over the last five games. I've been pleasantly surprised by AKs upturn in form and he has benefitted from a run in the side as other Blues have pointed out.

Completely agree with this. He has been putting in great tackles, tracking back along with great free kicks. What I want to know what the feck was he doing previously? He rarely bothered going in for a tackle and if he did, committed fouls. He usually trotted back slowly rather than full on tracking back. For some reason, his attitude and focus on the pitch has increased massively in the last 2 months..................[/quote]

The other other improvement I've seen Simon is Aleks is competing for and winning more headers - or if he can't win the header then positioning himself better e.g. To catch Benteke offside a few times a few weeks ago. In the past seasons I thought Aleks could do better in the air for a big guy.

I agree that Alek's tackling had gone backwards for much of the season but he's pulled off a lot of good tackles in the last month - as well as blocking out opposing wingers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.