Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Aleks went for a walk with his wolves yesterday. Great to see that despite being booed by a daft section of the crowd at the end of last season, he stuck two fingers up to them, knuckled down, and is now a more than useful player in our side.

Would have got my vote for our MOTM yesterday, I can't remember Johnson doing too much in terms of wing play and crossing thanks to Kolarov - he was forced to resort to long passes, and tbf to AJ one of those set up their goal. Kolarov was his usual dangerous self in their half, his first time crosses are lethal, as good as any in the PL. I just wish our forwards would attack them more aggressively, there was one yesterday in the 2nd half where I thought Dzeko could have tried a diving header.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
inbetween said:
If anyone can name me a better left back, I'm all ears! He is by far one of our most underated players in terms of the job he has to do and how he does it. I wouldn't say he's the best defender but his crosses are pretty frightening and every single one all it takes is a touch, in our case their defender couldn't deal with it and Nasri finished it off. Had Clichy played yesterday I'm pretty sure we would never of scored that second goal.

Don't get carried away now petal, he had a good game, is vastly improved and deserves the plaudits for his efforts, however, when we rectify the position with a top level left back, with which there're many - shaw, baines to name but two, you shall see that AK is good but not the required standard!
I've yet to be very impressed with Shaw or Baines.

taconinja said:
inbetween said:
If anyone can name me a better left back, I'm all ears! He is by far one of our most underated players in terms of the job he has to do and how he does it. I wouldn't say he's the best defender but his crosses are pretty frightening and every single one all it takes is a touch, in our case their defender couldn't deal with it and Nasri finished it off. Had Clichy played yesterday I'm pretty sure we would never of scored that second goal.

Don't get carried away now petal, he had a good game, is vastly improved and deserves the plaudits for his efforts, however, when we rectify the position with a top level left back, with which there're many - shaw, baines to name but two, you shall see that AK is good but not the required standard!

Yeah but I know more than you so...........

taconinja said:

Just saying it would be a whole lot of money and we would still likely have question marks. Now if we were to purchase a left winger to go with one of them, it's another story.

taconinja said:
taconinja said:

Just saying it would be a whole lot of money and we would still likely have question marks. Now if we were to purchase a left winger to go with one of them, it's another story.

It's al about opinions mate, we have notable deficiencies on the left of central defence and left back, I think we'll break the bank for Mangala and so we should, the left back spot should be a purchase for the next 7-8 years or longer, baines obviously doesn't meet that criteria, shaw on the other hand will be one of the best in the business in 1/2 years, unfortunately he's going the chavs, he would however gel perfectly to our style...

I think Kolarov is a top LB and a top player. I wouldn't exchange him for anyone.

Always been a fan of his, he can cross the ball better than any player in the league, they are frighteningly dangerous.

But for me, he became a favourite when he just stood there during that city harlem shake, fucking class.

His personality can't be overlooked either, he's a real leader on the pitch and never hides from his responsibilities.

Does anyone remember the moment a couple of pre seasons ago where someone squared upto one of our youngsters (evans I think) and Kolarov sprinted the pitch to show the fucker who's boss.

he's our designated bad ass bond villain.

MC ID said:
His personality can't be overlooked either, he's a real leader on the pitch and never hides from his responsibilities.

Does anyone remember the moment a couple of pre seasons ago where someone squared upto one of our youngsters (evans I think) and Kolarov sprinted the pitch to show the fucker who's boss.

he's our designated bad ass bond villain.

Yep. :-) I have quite a few blogs and sites around bookmarked that have him as their focus and he's an interesting character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.