Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

ChicagoBlue said:
He's not a left back, he's a left midfielder who helps out on defence!
And a bloody good one for the last few months!

It is no surprise that most of our attacking wing play....the kind that ends up in the box creating havoc in the opposition defence....comes from Aleks getting his foot through, or around, the ball. His free kick goals have been an added bonus this season, although I think there is far more to come from his game if he stops flopping and using his only move (left footed flick inside the defender) followed, usually by a flop!

I wouldn't get rid unless the price was close to "younger, quality replacement" price...and I don't see who that could be!
absolute bollocks every game he starts its at left back of hes only helping out the defence that means we start games with three defenders and no left back when he plays ! hes a left back who cant defend !

uwerosler28 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
He's not a left back, he's a left midfielder who helps out on defence!
And a bloody good one for the last few months!

It is no surprise that most of our attacking wing play....the kind that ends up in the box creating havoc in the opposition defence....comes from Aleks getting his foot through, or around, the ball. His free kick goals have been an added bonus this season, although I think there is far more to come from his game if he stops flopping and using his only move (left footed flick inside the defender) followed, usually by a flop!

I wouldn't get rid unless the price was close to "younger, quality replacement" price...and I don't see who that could be!
absolute bollocks every game he starts its at left back of hes only helping out the defence that means we start games with three defenders and no left back when he plays ! hes a left back who cant defend !

He's arguably been our best player over the last five games. I've been pleasantly surprised by AKs upturn in form and he has benefitted from a run in the side as other Blues have pointed out.

He's arguably been our best player over the last five games. I've been pleasantly surprised by AKs upturn in form and he has benefitted from a run in the side as other Blues have pointed out.[/quote]

Completely agree with this. He has been putting in great tackles, tracking back along with great free kicks. What I want to know what the feck was he doing previously? He rarely bothered going in for a tackle and if he did, committed fouls. He usually trotted back slowly rather than full on tracking back. For some reason, his attitude and focus on the pitch has increased massively in the last 2 months..................

worsleyweb said:
I think he is underrated. Hope he stays.
He looks good when in a run of games, so does Clichy, we need to pick one and stop rotating, one won't be happy, but if its better for the team, only change it when you have to, injury or fatigue.

To be honest I think this with most of the rotation, a settled side is far better than one that is constantly rotated for the sake of it, and don't rotate more than 2 at once, and not at all when other changes have to be made for injury suspensions.

Think his improvement in the last month or so may be to do with Pellegrini playing 5 in the middle rather than 442. It has left him much less exposed defensively.

Burtonblue said:
Think his improvement in the last month or so may be to do with Pellegrini playing 5 in the middle rather than 442. It has left him much less exposed defensively.

All the team have looked much more comfortable recently,leaving the back 4 alone was something mp should have done months ago

Burtonblue said:

Yep we look less exposed, Kolarov is free to play winger and make his crosses, and also this lineup attacking-wise seems to tick. Decent number of goals by any measure since he's made the change.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Burtonblue said:

Yep we look less exposed, Kolarov is free to play winger and make his crosses, and also this lineup attacking-wise seems to tick. Decent number of goals by any measure since he's made the change.
I think MP has finally reached the conclusion that the way forwards is one up top or at least to set up that way to start with.
Just a shame it took him so long to see what so many could.
I honestly think we will nail it next season with the quality we have and a few more tweaks if he sticks to 5 in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.