Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

Look of disdain on his face when he was sat on the deck after being fouled. Nobody does contemptuous better than Kolarov.

Juve are going to offer him a contract apparently.

What can I say about him this year - most improved player maybe. There's no doubting his quality, and it's great to see he has turned around so many people's opinions. For me the best attacking left back in the league.

If we're not looking to bring in another full back with similar attacking qualities we need to tie Kolarov down with a new deal.

Very often, against parked buses, he's our biggest threat and best option for creating chances.

He's great. Perhaps not the world's most talented footballer, but like Zabba he gives it 100% every game.

And the fact he's such a threat on the left, really stretches opponents when we play with so much threat on the right as well.

We are nothing like as effective when Clichy plays for this reason. Kolarov is definitely my preferred left back.

Chippy_boy said:
He's great. Perhaps not the world's most talented footballer, but like Zabba he gives it 100% every game.

And the fact he's such a threat on the left, really stretches opponents when we play with so much threat on the right as well.

We are nothing like as effective when Clichy plays for this reason. Kolarov is definitely my preferred left back.
I feel like I've been banging this drum for about 2 and a half years but it's horses for courses for me. Against sides that park the bus, particularly at home, Kolarov should play. Against sides that offer a threat on their right side and who will look to come out and play against us, Clichy (or potentially Cole) should play.

Gabriel said:
Look of disdain on his face when he was sat on the deck after being fouled. Nobody does contemptuous better than Kolarov.

...and that little shake of the head and occasional flap of the arms.

He is up there with MDM in the sarcasm league. You probably miss some of it at the match but on the telly it is getting funnier with every game as you know know it is coming now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.