Player thread: Aleksandar Kolarov (2014/15)

Re: Aleks Kolarov - take a bow

I'm very surprised that I saw posts in the recent past that our priority in the summer should be a left back (transfer forum) - Shaw etc. I think even Clichy raised his game up in the second part of the season, the first half was probably his most shit in his City career, still he had some fantastic games (1-5 against Spurs comes to mind, but not only that). I think in Kolarov and Clichy we still got solved this area for at least the next year, but hopefully for more.

But in no way this post is a priority, especially now with the FFP concerns.

pazzmore said:
Are the 4 C's shirts that Aleks and Nastasić wore considered offensive by most? I know my Bosnian friends were outraged by them today.

National symbol of Serbia, nothing wrong with it's whatsoever.

Kolarov has been excellent this season!

"a slogan used by Serbian soccer fans to taunt rival ethnic groups in the beginning of the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s." makes it seem VERY wrong

pazzmore said:
"a slogan used by Serbian soccer fans to taunt rival ethnic groups in the beginning of the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s." makes it seem VERY wrong
Fuck off, like they're going to be pissing about with that shit on a day like today.

pazzmore said:
Are the 4 C's shirts that Aleks and Nastasić wore considered offensive by most? I know my Bosnian friends were outraged by them today.
The 4 C's look like the Serbian FA badge.
Serbia-football.png

pazzmore said:

Right wing groups use the British flag but, that doesn't make it a right wing symbol.

Think people may have to distinguish slogan from symbol and appreciate that what it means in one part of the world might not have quite the same resonance as it does in an other. Rule Britannia, for example.

Anyway, on footballing terms, he's had an excellent season and can enjoy his World Cup.

Blue Note said:
pazzmore said:

National symbol of Serbia, nothing wrong with it's whatsoever.

Kolarov has been excellent this season!

Yep, as with the red and white chequered shield of Croatia, its just a symbol of national pride. It may have been abused by ultras in the past, but I'm sure there was no offence meant to be caused by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.