Player thread : Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Re: Edin Dzeko (continued)

we need aguero back 100% fit for the last half dozen games , apologies this belongs in an aguero thread.

MSP said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
cleavers said:
Ok 3 then, he won one near the end too.

Wasn't good enough tonight, poor positioning up front, lack of movement, didn't hold it up well enough, yes created our goal, well actually Silva did to be fair, but it was a decent shot. 1 miss, other than that was never in the right place in the box.

I'll credit him when its due, my MoM on Tuesday, today pretty average, and no threat at all.

But Negredo has been zero threat since January so what do we do?

Negredo is beyond awful, he just looked completely stripped of of any confidence. His touch is from Dzeko's worst games, can't control the ball for life of him. So annoying to see such a transformation from earlier season, it cuts the options Pele has heavily.

Nonsense. On his worst performance in a City shirt he still has far better control than Dzeko on an average day.

gmckennasell said:
pudge said:
gmckennasell said:
over 12 minutes with injury time , which is 15% of an average game , the usual idea of bringing a sub on , is to make some sort of effect on the football match , negredo has had a superb 5 months , but he should get the same amount of criticism dzeko recieves on here , when hes not playing well.
Came on with 85 mins gone according to the BBC, so 8 mins.

People are discussing Edin's performance over 85 mins in the latest game.

If you wish to discuss Negredo's 8 minute cameo it would probably be best for you to find his respective thread.

whilst defending dzekos performance a comparison should be made to negredos recent poor performances , and it isnt best for me to refer to a negredo thread.
Not really, its not so much a comparison as it is a deflection.

I see no reason to bring Negredo into any discussion given people were discussing how Edin played, in the Edin Dzeko thread, a mere 3/4 hours ago. Especially as the former played less than 10 mins. Edins been praised highly as of late so bringing up Negredo's performances in relation to criticism of Dzeko is even more odd.

But if you wish to randomly kick a player when theyre down go ahead..

gmckennasell said:
pudge said:
gmckennasell said:
over 12 minutes with injury time , which is 15% of an average game , the usual idea of bringing a sub on , is to make some sort of effect on the football match , negredo has had a superb 5 months , but he should get the same amount of criticism dzeko recieves on here , when hes not playing well.

If you wish to discuss Negredo's 8 minute cameo it would probably be best for you to find his respective thread.

whilst defending dzekos performance a comparison should be made to negredos recent poor performances , and it isnt best for me to refer to a negredo thread.
Don't mind Pudge, gmck, he won't allow anyone to compare any aspect of Edin's game to other City strikers (at least if it makes him look good or less bad). He's fine if you compare him to a donkey or a lamp-post though (I guess that's fair enough as they don't have their own threads).

Having said that, and while agreeing that Negredo has clearly not been as good as Dzeko recently (not just the 8 minutes today), I didn't think Dzeko played very well today either. I don't buy into the lazy/not trying stuff - he just has good and bad days, like everyone else. I think a lot of playing the lone striker is about good movement (which he did for the goal, but didn't during several other promising moves) and guessing well (like he didn't for many balls into the middle, although some of them were just poor balls into the middle). He made some nice one-touch passes (he does this more than most people realize or acknowledge, and it helps us to break fast), but also gave the ball away too often when he tried to hang on to it for too long.

I thought they should have put Negredo on sooner, and despite Edin's good showing at United, I'd have seriously considered starting Negredo for this game, to give him some confidence and to give Dzeko a rest. We can't just run one striker into the ground during the rest of the run-in, and we can't just cross our fingers and hope that Aguero stays fit once he comes back.

CaliforniaBlue said:
gmckennasell said:
pudge said:

Don't mind Pudge, gmck, he won't allow anyone to compare any aspect of Edin's game to other City strikers (at least if it makes him look good or less bad). He's fine if you compare him to a donkey or a lamp-post though (I guess that's fair enough as they don't have their own threads).

Having said that, and while agreeing that Negredo has clearly not been as good as Dzeko recently (not just the 8 minutes today), I didn't think Dzeko played very well today either. I don't buy into the lazy/not trying stuff - he just has good and bad days, like everyone else. I think a lot of playing the lone striker is about good movement (which he did for the goal, but didn't during several other promising moves) and guessing well (like he didn't for many balls into the middle, although some of them were just poor balls into the middle). He made some nice one-touch passes (he does this more than most people realize or acknowledge, and it helps us to break fast), but also gave the ball away too often when he tried to hang on to it for too long.

I thought they should have put Negredo on sooner, and despite Edin's good showing at United, I'd have seriously considered starting Negredo for this game, to give him some confidence and to give Dzeko a rest. We can't just run one striker into the ground during the rest of the run-in, and we can't just cross our fingers and hope that Aguero stays fit once he comes back.
X

Are you sure you dont want me to pay rent?

cleavers said:
gmckennasell said:
in the first 10 minutes

Wasn't good enough tonight, poor positioning up front, lack of movement, didn't hold it up well enough, yes created our goal, well actually Silva did to be fair, but it was a decent shot. 1 miss, other than that was never in the right place in the box.

I'll credit him when its due, my MoM on Tuesday, today pretty average, and no threat at all.

I have no problem with dzeko over negredo right now, and never said I had, just a problem with dzeko's inconsistency, and that's why I'm posting in this thread, he was my MoM on Tuesday, but our worst player today imho, its this that frustrates me, I'm sure its an easy concept to grasp, especially as none of my posts in this thread today mention negredo, until now.

cleavers said:
cleavers said:

I have no problem with dzeko over negredo right now, and never said I had, just a problem with dzeko's inconsistency, and that's why I'm posting in this thread, he was my MoM on Tuesday, but our worst player today imho, its this that frustrates me, I'm sure its an easy concept to grasp, especially as none of my posts in this thread today mention negredo, until now.

You boo him don't you? Go on....admit it!

Damocles said:
MSP said:

Negredo is beyond awful, he just looked completely stripped of of any confidence. His touch is from Dzeko's worst games, can't control the ball for life of him. So annoying to see such a transformation from earlier season, it cuts the options Pele has heavily.

Nonsense. On his worst performance in a City shirt he still has far better control than Dzeko on an average day.

Nonsense :D

Negredo chased down an Arsenal defender within seconds of being on. This was not a Dzeko chase (lazy/not interested) it was a chase with aggression and meaning. His attempted chip at the end of the game summed it up. He chased down what I thought was a lost ball, battled passed the Arsenal defender and attempted a chip. It come to nothing but he almost created something out of nothing. For a big man Dzeko goes into aerial duals in hope that he doesn't get hurt. He looses so many headers and the odd time he does win an header he flicks it out of play. He has no real football brain. And as someone has stated, his touch is very bad, not Premierleague standard. And in Negredos defence, how is the guy ever suppose to regain form when he's given 8 minutes.

Damien10 said:
Negredo chased down an Arsenal defender within seconds of being on. This was not a Dzeko chase (lazy/not interested) it was a chase with aggression and meaning. His attempted chip at the end of the game summed it up. He chased down what I thought was a lost ball, battled passed the Arsenal defender and attempted a chip. It come to nothing but he almost created something out of nothing. For a big man Dzeko goes into aerial duals in hope that he doesn't get hurt. He looses so many headers and the odd time he does win an header he flicks it out of play. He has no real football brain. And as someone has stated, his touch is very bad, not Premierleague standard. And in Negredos defence, how is the guy ever suppose to regain form when he's given 8 minutes.

This. When you play with 5 midfielders as we did today you need the striker to hold the ball up a lot better than he did today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.