Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaliforniaBlue said:
Ric said:
Zizi4City said:
I will never understand why so many people here dislike Edin. He was the great servant to the club. Played the major part in winning all of the reacent trophies. I think he should get little bit more recognition and support here. A I guess if we would signed onelegged (literally) striker that those people would prefer him over Edin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony-dzeko-stats_3275346.jpg?20150311153415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony- ... 0311153415</a>

To be fair, most of the players have been getting grief tonight and deservedly so. Dzeko's not really getting it any worse; indeed it's telling that you have bumped this thread rather than anyone else. I'm still torn on the player, he's scored vital goals for us but can be infuriating at times, including tonight. It riled me a bit that he had a disbelieving grin and shake of the head when substituted this evening, even though he'd been dreadful.
Maybe he thought others had been more dreadful? After all, he was pretty tidy with his control and lay-offs, he at least jumped to challenge for anything close to him in the air, he made one important defensive header, he was the only player trying to close down Boyd on the goal despite his main duty to cover the cross when it's in the air), and he frequently came back to provide an outlet for throw-ins when most of the others were standing around.

We were chasing a goal though, and him & Aguero as a partnership wasn't working. Aguero was frustrating in the first half, but looked the most likely to create something in the second half. Wasn't a surprise to me when Dzeko was hooked - one of the strikers was always going to make way, and he was the obvious (and right) choice.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Ric said:
Zizi4City said:
I will never understand why so many people here dislike Edin. He was the great servant to the club. Played the major part in winning all of the reacent trophies. I think he should get little bit more recognition and support here. A I guess if we would signed onelegged (literally) striker that those people would prefer him over Edin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony-dzeko-stats_3275346.jpg?20150311153415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony- ... 0311153415</a>

To be fair, most of the players have been getting grief tonight and deservedly so. Dzeko's not really getting it any worse; indeed it's telling that you have bumped this thread rather than anyone else. I'm still torn on the player, he's scored vital goals for us but can be infuriating at times, including tonight. It riled me a bit that he had a disbelieving grin and shake of the head when substituted this evening, even though he'd been dreadful.
Maybe he thought others had been more dreadful? After all, he was pretty tidy with his control and lay-offs, he at least jumped to challenge for anything close to him in the air, he made one important defensive header, he was the only player trying to close down Boyd on the goal despite his main duty to cover the cross when it's in the air), and he frequently came back to provide an outlet for throw-ins when most of the others were standing around.
His attempt at closing down Boyd consisted of turning away and sticking his leg out as a token gesture. Provided an outlet for throw ins? Good on him, he's one of the tallest players on our team, I'd expect him to flick on a throw in every now and then. Then there was that shot...
The only thing I'd say is Bony didn't look any better. in fact an argument could easily be made that he was worse.
I don't want to get on his case too much because he was only one of several players not at the races today. Trying to defend his performance is a stretch though.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Ric said:
Zizi4City said:

Is that what he was doing? There I was thinking he was trying out some ballet.

I've seen Dzeko simply play badly before but his current situation is much different and completely down to how he's being told to play. Pellers likes his Strikers to go wide and give the team width and go deep to help the midfield bring play up, whats essentially happened is we're now playing our big tall striker at fucking left mid, because of this he's rarely able to get into the right position to shoot anymore. Combine this with the Corner situation and we don't actually give him any opportunities anymore in situations he's decent at.

Don't dislike the guy but 9 times out of 10 he slows up or ruins our attacks when he's on the pitch, don't know why pellers keeps sticking with him and not giving Bony a run in the team

He's done well for us over the years but it's time he went

He's good but he's just not good in our style. Bony suits us more and should get more time, you can see with his quick link up play and one touch passing that he's more suited to us than Dzeko. Edins been my favourite player for a long time now but I won't let my heart rule my head on this one.

Musampa 209 said:
Don't dislike the guy but 9 times out of 10 he slows up or ruins our attacks when he's on the pitch, don't know why pellers keeps sticking with him and not giving Bony a run in the team

He's done well for us over the years but it's time he went

Agreed. Was fuming to see him smile when he was subbed yesterday, but that was propably me being fuming in general at the teams lackluste performance.

There is something about Edin though in that I don't trust him. Cannot put my finger on it, but wouldn't be surprised if he is heavily involved if there is any back room unrest.

He doesn't link up well with Kun, and I hope Wilf gets a run of games now to form a relationship with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.