Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benarbia said:
Him or Bony. AIDS or cancer.

Have a word with yourself.

I'm not a fan of Edin,he simply doesn't work hard enough.In his defence,he is far better as a lone striker,however,so is Kun and probably Bony too.

The manager is doing none of them a favour.

I thought he played well yesterday, he was certainly up for it, challenging for long balls, winning flick ons (which nobody bothered gambling on), pressing their centre backs, dropping into midfield to support and moving along the line up front to look for space. However, his strike partner was awful, Aguero looks like he's had enough at the minute, constantly whinging and gesturing to his team mates, not pressing the opposition and only passing the ball as a last resort. He should have been subbed for Nasri with Silva put behind Dzeko.

I've said it once and Ill say it again: City will never advance to where they want to be whilst playing Edin Dzeko. He just doesn't quite fit. He scores goals that I think many strikers would do given the chances he gets.

His goals have won titles yes, but when has he really PULLED City through? City's best performances this season have been with ONE striker. And yes I understand that's Pellegrinis problem.

Aguero is the best striker in the Premier League. Him and Bony look far better together than him and Dzeko. 3 strikers is enough for City IMO, with Jovetuc being able to slot into the midfield. So what happens if they get injured? Well, City must adjust their tactics and go on a 9 game win streak I suppose.

I think it's tough on him for his records at City, but the visual evidence on the pitch is clear to see IMO. They must sell Dzeko.

Musampa 209 said:
Don't dislike the guy but 9 times out of 10 he slows up or ruins our attacks when he's on the pitch, don't know why pellers keeps sticking with him and not giving Bony a run in the team

He's done well for us over the years but it's time he went

Pure and simple. We can do better, although edin is still a good player.

Armaan said:
He's good but he's just not good in our style. Bony suits us more and should get more time, you can see with his quick link up play and one touch passing that he's more suited to us than Dzeko. Edins been my favourite player for a long time now but I won't let my heart rule my head on this one.

Based on what I have seen for now that is not the case. Maybe he will suits us better than Edin but we don't know that yet, don't we.

I like dzeco,but if pellers picks him and Sergio together at barca,i swear ill chuck a brick through the telly, dzecko as the lone striker ok as he proved last season,or Sergio either the lone striker or any other partner but edin,they have been at city long enough now for everyone to see that as a partnership,they don't really cut it , granted they have had moments,but not nearly enough

Watch the goal again. The initial free kick came from the big tart getting out muscled by fucking Kieran Trippier! This is the millionth time this has happened. He is dreadful, really, really dreadful. One thing Bony did do against Leicester was hold the bloody thing up. One of the key elements of a centre forward and he simply doesn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.