Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko is one of the most frustrating players ever to pull on a blue shirt , some games he will , chase and close down and hold the ball , and score good goals , other games he will stroll about , fall down at the least little challenge and miss absolute sitters . He has scored vital goals and he will be remembered for this , but he will also be remembered for his inconsistency , and his attitude in some games leaves a lot to be desired. It appears if Edin gets out of the right side of the bed in the morning he will be a world beater , if he doesnt , he has all the impact of a Trevor Christie. The frustrating part , is if Edin put 100% into every game , he would be a truly world class player.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Dzeko is one of the most frustrating players ever to pull on a blue shirt , some games he will , chase and close down and hold the ball , and score good goals , other games he will stroll about , fall down at the least little challenge and miss absolute sitters . He has scored vital goals and he will be remembered for this , but he will also be remembered for his inconsistency , and his attitude in some games leaves a lot to be desired. It appears if Edin gets out of the right side of the bed in the morning he will be a world beater , if he doesnt , he has all the impact of a Trevor Christie. The frustrating part , is if Edin put 100% into every game , he would be a truly world class player.

Dzeko (like any other player) is powerless if the team is not built around him.

Terrible performance tonight, I must say.

Cannot blame him for:

- his positioning by DESIGN on the left flank - where he has NOOOO business being in the first place...that's on the manager.
- the fact that he did not receive a single useful ball in the box, with all the possession we had (also by design - our play under Pellegrini has become ridiculous...as if we are trying to WALK IT IN every single time...in such games Dzeko is basically in the way.

So - not blaming him for the above, you work with what you have.

However, his touch tonight was abysmal, and in general he did not do anything positive in 60 minutes - which is for me personally INEXCUSABLE. Especially when you are down.

I was very disappointed, and considering his great performances with NT last week - how can he lay an egg like this is something I just cannot understand.

Yet, watching Yaya and Silva run into each other on top of the box just reminds me everything that is wrong with this TEAM right now...

This side to side passing with no idea whatsoever is just...wow. Cannot even blame Edin for everything. What happened to this team?

EaglesFan said:
Yet, watching Yaya and Silva run into each other on top of the box just reminds me everything that is wrong with this TEAM right now...

This side to side passing with no idea whatsoever is just...wow. Cannot even blame Edin for everything. What happened to this team?
He was the invisible man tonight .
And when we did touch the ball he was dog shit .
I have seen a lad at Bradford Park Avenue who does better than Dzeko .

EaglesFan said:

EaglesFan said:

EaglesFan said:

EaglesFan said:

Dzeko was dog shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.