Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate edin wasn't every ones cup of tea but the vitriol towards him on here surprises me. A ****? Don't think so, you need to give your head a shake. His contribution to getting us to where we are now should be appreciated and I for one will always be grateful to him. As I am to all City players who have done there bit in taking us on this journey. Maybe the Jonny come latelys don't know/remember that we used to have creaney/Cunningham/coradi etc etc etc up front.

I'm not going to miss his miserable face and slumped shoulders after those first touches in games that escaped him like a wild boar getting out of the grasps of a wolf. And the proceeding two weeks of poor games. And then him not celebrating goals properly when he did pop up with one in runs of games like this.

I, we, will be missing those goals he scored that when he as in a good mood and feeling confident as they were frequent and often important.

But overall I don't think we can afford to have players with such a meek personality. A fragile soul who you don't know whether will be sulking or 'on it' from one stretch of games to the next.

Thanks for the goals and the half decent chant, good luck in the future.

A great player who scored great and important goals. He was frustrating at times but any team who plays to his strengths and make him the main man will get 30 goals a season from him.

Best of luck, Bro'. Sorry to see you go.

Some Blues say you couldn't trap cement bags. But at least you gave it big time to the Rags.

images

All the best Edin lad. Inconsistent yes but he delivered over several seasons at vital times. The equalizer in the cup away at Notts County in 2011 with time running out, the only goal at Wigan in 2012, the goals on both run ins when we won the PL (especially 2013-14) and the 4 v Spurs at WHL. The goals at the Swamp in the sick swan and the 3-0. Probably the right time for him to go. Farewell to the Bosnian Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.