Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Excellent today which makes it all the more frustrating that he put the effort in funnily enough when we have signed Wilf.

Did more today than he's done all season.

To be fair he has been injured for a big part of it.

oakiecokie said:
I`m certainly not one of his biggest fans,but today I doff my cap and say "well done Edin on a fantastic all round performance".

We'll see many more like that this season, inshallah. ;)

OB1 said:
coleridge said:
An excellent immediate post-match interview with the headphones on.

BTW I think he meant other teams takings point from Chelsea rather than us.

David Silva, best player in the league. LOL. Wasn't gonna say one of his fellow strikers, was he?

However, welcomed Bony to the team effort in a very gentlemanly way, as one would expect of him.

A good man and a top striker. As I always say, highly valued by club and owners, despite the negativity of many supporters. They are entitled to their opinions [pays their money, takes their choice] but, hey, most of the rest of the footballing world seems something different...

I'm sure City's players are briefed on what to say about the title race but his interview was a good one and his performance on the pitch was even better. He can be frustrating but we should all of learnt by now that he is liable to make a telling contributions at important times.

I actually thought it was a fairly typical Dzeko performance in that regard. It might be stating the bleeding obvious, but he's very very good at the things he does well, but can still frustrate the life out of you at the same time. So in the course of 90 minutes, he held the ball up nicely, brought his team mates into the game, took up some excellent positions in the box, drew a penalty and scored a fabulous goal. He was also though the breakdown point of numerous intricate passing moves, missed a sitter, and gave the ball away cheaply on more than one occasion. Dzeko is an undoubted asset to City and always has been, but sometimes the sheer precision of our play exposes his weaknesses as well

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
coleridge said:
An excellent immediate post-match interview with the headphones on.

BTW I think he meant other teams takings point from Chelsea rather than us.

David Silva, best player in the league. LOL. Wasn't gonna say one of his fellow strikers, was he?

However, welcomed Bony to the team effort in a very gentlemanly way, as one would expect of him.

A good man and a top striker. As I always say, highly valued by club and owners, despite the negativity of many supporters. They are entitled to their opinions [pays their money, takes their choice] but, hey, most of the rest of the footballing world seems something different...

I'm sure City's players are briefed on what to say about the title race but his interview was a good one and his performance on the pitch was even better. He can be frustrating but we should all of learnt by now that he is liable to make a telling contributions at important times.

I actually thought it was a fairly typical Dzeko performance in that regard. It might be stating the bleeding obvious, but he's very very good at the things he does well, but can still frustrate the life out of you at the same time. So in the course of 90 minutes, he held the ball up nicely, brought his team mates into the game, took up some excellent positions in the box, drew a penalty and scored a fabulous goal. He was also though the breakdown point of numerous intricate passing moves, missed a sitter, and gave the ball away cheaply on more than one occasion. Dzeko is an undoubted asset to City and always has been, but sometimes the sheer precision of our play exposes his weaknesses as well

Even Joe Hart has better pass completion stats ;-)

He started off like a house on fire today. It was as if the signing of Bony has given him a kick up the backside.

He Had s great game and took his goal brilliantly.

Hopefully, he is over his injury now and will score plenty of goals in the run-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.