Player thread: Edin Dzeko (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pazzo said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Zizi4City said:
72 starts; 126 appearances

So 126 appearances and 50 goals, to clarify? (In the league)

So out of those 126 games in 54 he came off the bench, to clarify.

Then if you're removing the games he came off the bench now also remove the goals he scored from the bench. You know, as a fair system.

Damocles said:
pazzo said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
So 126 appearances and 50 goals, to clarify? (In the league)

So out of those 126 games in 54 he came off the bench, to clarify.

Then if you're removing the games he came off the bench now also remove the goals he scored from the bench. You know, as a fair system.

You guys are missing the point of why he posted the complete statistics. I think he posted it because of those saying 50 goals in 126 games is nothing special, but if look at the complete statistics we see that Dzeko has 126 appearances in the PL, 50 goals and 24 assists in 6960 minutes of playing time, Aguero for example has 110 appearances in PL, 69 goals and 30 assists, and played for 7687 minutes. Which shows that Dzeko even thou he has more appearances actually played for almost 800 minutes less than Aguero.

So Aguero has an average of a goal every 111 minutes and an assist every 256 minutes, Dzeko has an average of a goal every 139 minutes and an assist every 290 minutes. I think we can all agree that Aguero is world class and among top 3 forwards in the world, which makes Dzekos record so far for City excellent, especially considering that he was never the the first choice and that we never played the style of play that would get the best out of him.

All hail king Dzeko :)

personally cant see why people would want rid of Dzeko; if, indeed, Bony does become default starter in a 2 up front system, then Dzeko has proven over the seasons that he's a patient and mature player who doesnt mind being part of a squad AND he scores goals from the bench and he's pretty good (not a world beater but good).

Why on earth would you get rid of this combo??

shemnel said:
personally cant see why people would want rid of Dzeko; if, indeed, Bony does become default starter in a 2 up front system, then Dzeko has proven over the seasons that he's a patient and mature player who doesnt mind being part of a squad AND he scores goals from the bench and he's pretty good (not a world beater but good).

It will come down to whether Edin is happy spending long periods on the bench. Unless he has changed tack recently, I feel that might not be his wishes.

mosssideblue said:
shemnel said:

It will come down to whether Edin is happy spending long periods on the bench. Unless he has changed tack recently, I feel that might not be his wishes.

perhaps he wont want a lot of time on the bench but i think 3rd choice striker at a club getting 50 odd games a season will get plenty of game time. I suppose like you say, if he wants to be 1st choice for a while he'll either have to work hard to displace Bony or move on.

I will never understand why so many people here dislike Edin. He was the great servant to the club. Played the major part in winning all of the reacent trophies. I think he should get little bit more recognition and support here. A I guess if we would signed onelegged (literally) striker that those people would prefer him over Edin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony-dzeko-stats_3275346.jpg?20150311153415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony- ... 0311153415</a>

Zizi4City said:
I will never understand why so many people here dislike Edin. He was the great servant to the club. Played the major part in winning all of the reacent trophies. I think he should get little bit more recognition and support here. A I guess if we would signed onelegged (literally) striker that those people would prefer him over Edin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony-dzeko-stats_3275346.jpg?20150311153415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://e1.365dm.com/15/03/16-9/20/bony- ... 0311153415</a>

To be fair, most of the players have been getting grief tonight and deservedly so. Dzeko's not really getting it any worse; indeed it's telling that you have bumped this thread rather than anyone else. I'm still torn on the player, he's scored vital goals for us but can be infuriating at times, including tonight. It riled me a bit that he had a disbelieving grin and shake of the head when substituted this evening, even though he'd been dreadful.

mosssideblue said:
shemnel said:

It's still early days with Bony, but he hasn't shown himself to be significantly better than Dzeko, either here or at Swansea, so why are you assuming Edin's going to be spending long periods on the bench?

Ric said:
Zizi4City said:

To be fair, most of the players have been getting grief tonight and deservedly so. Dzeko's not really getting it any worse; indeed it's telling that you have bumped this thread rather than anyone else. I'm still torn on the player, he's scored vital goals for us but can be infuriating at times, including tonight. It riled me a bit that he had a disbelieving grin and shake of the head when substituted this evening, even though he'd been dreadful.
Maybe he thought others had been more dreadful? After all, he was pretty tidy with his control and lay-offs, he at least jumped to challenge for anything close to him in the air, he made one important defensive header, he was the only player trying to close down Boyd on the goal despite his main duty to cover the cross when it's in the air), and he frequently came back to provide an outlet for throw-ins when most of the others were standing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.