Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worrying thing is he was apparently bought with the Champions League in mind as this type of game was supposedly his speciality and then he goes and turns in one of the worst performances l have ever witnessed from a City player in a long time .
Comparable to the dross served up by some of the muppets we had in the dark days , but at least they tried .

Lets face it he's been found out as dud and a fraud .
A defensive midfielder who fails to make a single tackle in a high profile Champions League game , just wow .

der-bomber said:
The worrying thing is he was apparently bought with the Champions League in mind as this type of game was supposedly his speciality and then he goes and turns in one of the worst performances l have ever witnessed from a City player in a long time .
Comparable to the dross served up by some of the muppets we had in the dark days , but at least they tried .

A defensive midfielder who fails to make a single tackle in a high profile Champions League game , just wow .

Correct mate, but to be fair he's supposed to be good as a defensive mid in a midfield 3 but MP left Fernandinho on the bench. Genius.

And although Fernando is second rate he never had a prayer in that midfield on Tuesday. Same as Milner. People can say they weren't trying hard enough but they're just gonna look like dickheads and tire themselves out (even more) when they're chasing barca round in the middle

i♥city! said:
Can't we just try out one of the youngsters in Fernando's position?
We dont have anyone who fits the bill,the closest may well be Denayer,next in line maybe Glendon or Evans

The Fat el Hombre said:
der-bomber said:

Correct mate, but to be fair he's supposed to be good as a defensive mid in a midfield 3 but MP left Fernandinho on the bench. Genius.

And although Fernando is second rate he never had a prayer in that midfield on Tuesday. Same as Milner. People can say they weren't trying hard enough but they're just gonna look like dickheads and tire themselves out (even more) when they're chasing barca round in the middle

He would be perfect in a 4132 just tidying up in front of the back four with no real pressure on him

Fern
Nasri Yaya Silva
Bony Aguero

der-bomber said:

I totally agree with all your points I was feeling sick watching him do fuk all ,chasing fuk all ,how does he get on ahead of dino is fuk in mad I hate to say it he is our only shit squad member I hope he turns it around but I'm not holding out sorry for the put down but I haven't done that in a while about one of our own team

flb said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
der-bomber said:

He would be perfect in a 4132 just tidying up in front of the back four with no real pressure on him

Fern
Nasri Yaya Silva
Bony Aguero
That's just our usual 4-4-2 written slightly differently, and nearly everytime he's played in a midfield 2 we've looked dreadful. He could be a solid option as the deepest player in a midfield 3 but should never be considered for a midfield 2.

He has unfortunately not adapted at all to the premiership or our system. Seems a good guy and squad member but bottom line is his confidence is shot and he's became a huge liability now! The amount of time he gets caught in possession is frightening and he seems to be unfit and gone slow! Might be best to try and move him on in the summer but a real shame as i had high hopes when we signed him.

Re: Fernando

Bottomless_Sailor said:
How on earth were we the only team in for him?

Just read the first few pages of this thread and very complimentary it was too after a decent debut.

I think this question now has an answer though.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.