Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Fernando, Garcia, etc highlight the difficulty in finding a CDM for our system. It would be a shame to tweak our system to build around the one position. It is better to risk it and buy a world class CDM this summer instead of continuing to pour money on this position.

This position was more glaring than the central defence in my opinion.

We didn't need to spend 30m-40m on Mangala whom for me will never justify that price, if you scout the market there were plenty of defenders available at the 10m-15m who were as good if not better than him.

In my opinion Zouma looks the more promising player and he cost Chelsea around 12m.

People go on about FFP but the fact is we have not spent wisely over the past two seasons and overpaid for average players.

Atletico, Dortmund and even Juventus don't spend big money on players, they scout the market incredibly well and it's something we should have done and should be doing.

Exactly the bit in bold!

If he was a Chelsea player, they would move him on n the summer for at least £60M ;-)

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Fernando, Garcia, etc highlight the difficulty in finding a CDM for our system. It would be a shame to tweak our system to build around the one position to make it effective.

It is better to risk it and buy a world class CDM this summer instead of continuing to pour money on this position.

Not imo, we should be signing a top class CM and taking these games by the scruff of the neck.

Pointing out the obvious he clearly hasn't adapted to this league yet. I still have faith that in time he'll justify why City decided to bring him here. I remember when we signed him Porto fans couldn't speak highly enough of him; they didnt exactly shower Mangala with the same praise. You don't get to play over 220 for Porto for being crap. Simple as...

Matt the Giant said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
why did we not simply keep nigel de jong...

Well for starters he didn't want to stay, right? Didn't he reject our contract offer?
And secondly he wasn't good enough to be a starter, and probably too good to be a bench warmer.

Fernando though, is not good enough period.

Watching Monaco earlier tonight, Kondogbia looks very impressive.
Oh god just realised years of "why didn't we keep Milner?!" Is ahead of us

He played well against Barca

The games he struggles in are those where teams park the bus, and he's rendered useless

He's another Makele. A destroyer. But for some reason some City fans want to compare him to Nasri and Silva.

Fernando gives us the possibility of playing 2 up front against teams like Barca......just a pity we chose to play Dzeko in that role and not Bony.

Marvin said:

The games he struggles in are those where teams park the bus, and he's rendered useless

He's another Makele. A destroyer. But for some reason some City fans want to compare him to Nasri and Silva.

Fernando gives us the possibility of playing 2 up front against teams like Barca......just a pity we chose to play Dzeko in that role and not Bony.
Fuck me, 0 tackles and 2 interceptions. Yes he is fucking destroyer

Marvin said:

Absolutely clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.