Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mansour's tow ropes said:
mosssideblue said:
MihaiCity said:
c'mon really? we can't really put the blame soil on Yaya because maybe Fernando can't really do his job properly...look at the stats after the games for fernando the stats are shocking for a HOLDING md like him he is supossed to wipe everything in front of him and give the defense the cover they badly need is he doing this?? no.. i agree with you about md being a mess because apart from fernandinho the rest of them are just average...what we need to do is get rid of players like yaya and fernando and bring another1-2 players like fernandinho..having players like him in the team and especially in the MD wil make a huge diff from what we see atm and maybe the defence will be at his best again...we can argue all we want about the defence this season but as long as they have players like fernando or yaya in front of them there will always be problems and they will have to do the job of their too for example just look at kompany this season he is drag on almost in the MD to cover for the people in front of him and this is why he is having a average season has he did that when players like barry ndj or javi where in front of him? NO...that is the diff and that is about fernando just not good enough not for us and maybe not for PL.

Rather one sided and blinkered view IMO. Vinnie is having a poor season end of, not because of someone else. I would go as far to say Vinnie has been the reason others have had a poor season.

Ha! So not only can Fernando's lack of protection in front of the back 4 not be cited as a factor contributing to VK's poor season, Kompany is actually responsible for months of poor performances from Fernando? You could not make it up, Fernando is not good enough it really is that simple.

Where in my post does it say Vinnie has been responsible for months of Fernando's poor performance?

Sorry, should have started with a "Ha" for impact. At some point during the season, both MDM & Mangala have copped for it because of Vinnies fuck ups.

mosssideblue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
mosssideblue said:
Rather one sided and blinkered view IMO. Vinnie is having a poor season end of, not because of someone else. I would go as far to say Vinnie has been the reason others have had a poor season.

Ha! So not only can Fernando's lack of protection in front of the back 4 not be cited as a factor contributing to VK's poor season, Kompany is actually responsible for months of poor performances from Fernando? You could not make it up, Fernando is not good enough it really is that simple.

Where in my post does it say Vinnie has been responsible for months of Fernando's poor performance?

Sorry, should have started with a "Ha" for impact. At some point during the season, both MDM & Mangala have copped for it because of Vinnies fuck ups.

Your last sentence, "I would go as far to say Vinnie has been the reason others have had a poor season."

I assumed you were inferring that Fernando is a victim of Kompany's form, this is the Fernando thread after all.

So, has Fernando contributed to our shit results in the league?

Errm, no. Since the West Ham away game loss back in October he has started 16 league games. We've won 10, drawn 5 and lost 1.

So, have Fernado and YaYa contributed to our shit results in the league when they have started together?

Errm, no. Since the same West ham away game loss back in October the 2 of them have started together in the league just 8 times. We've won 7, drawn 1 and lost 0.

Just saying....

We're not really here said:
I thought he was excellent today. Another who is getting better and better and may have a lot of people eating their words.

Hope you're right about him making people eat their words but I don't think he was particularly great today (not that he was bad) and the opposition was very poor

Must be a huge difference between Premiership and the Portuguese League but now Mangala and Fernando are established in the team they looking like the players we expected them to be.

Marvin said:
Must be a huge difference between Premiership and the Portuguese League but now Mangala and Fernando are established in the team they looking like the players we expected them to be.

I guess so. I think EM's done well, but I still think we could do better than Nando as a first teamer for the important DM position.

We're not really here said:
I thought he was excellent today. Another who is getting better
I'm not sure about excellent, especially given the opposition, but he was decent, and he is improving, and the step up from Portugal to the PL is quite large, so I'm optimistic, he's looked far better since he was put in his best position, effectively in front of the back four, and strangely enough so have the back four.

I'd expect someone who cost £12m to be decent against Championship opposition. Different story against Barca, Bayern and Real.

WNRH said:
I'd expect someone who cost £12m to be decent against Championship opposition. Different story against Barca, Bayern and Real.
I think we bought him to play against those teams because physically those teams sweep you aside. Defensively he's as good as anyone but when you play Championship teams you need attacking players to open teams up and he's less use then. When we don't have the ball watch Fernando close everyone down like a maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.