Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Just why Fernandinho wasn't starting? Fernandinho was class last season and can make things happen with his passing also.

Fernandinho went off the boil a bit towards the end of last season and for me neither he or Fernando has started particularly well this season. When added to Yaya's indifferent start it doesn't make for a great midfield.
Fernandinho was injured and then was carrying that injury when back playing in April/May.

KippaxCitizen said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Just why Fernandinho wasn't starting? Fernandinho was class last season and can make things happen with his passing also.

Fernandinho went off the boil a bit towards the end of last season and for me neither he or Fernando has started particularly well this season. When added to Yaya's indifferent start it doesn't make for a great midfield.
Fernandinho was injured and then was carrying that injury when back playing in April/May.

Maybe but why isn't he getting picked over Fernando this season? Baffling decision for me. Fernando has not looked great so far for me and despite being more defensive minded we seem to be worst defensively.

KippaxCitizen said:

Maybe but why isn't he getting picked over Fernando this season? Baffling decision for me. Fernando has not looked great so far for me and despite being more defensive minded we seem to be worst defensively.

He was our best player at newcastle and had a great game against liverpool. Until he got injured he was top class, he was also very good when brought on at villa...

KippaxCitizen said:
Decent squad player standard, for me.

Will be a good addition to the line-up when we need to play all three of Yaya Fernandinho and Fernando.

He, like Yaya, and Barry, is too slow to play in a two man midfield at the level we want to be playing at.

There's a reason he cost us about £14m when Fernadinho cost us £30+m and got into the CL team of the season the previous season to us signing him.

He cost 14 mill and Mangala 32 mill due to third party related issues with a deal done with Porto 'twas the word on the street

Kun Aguero said:
Been fucking underwhelmed with him, it's a disgrace that Ferny is behind him in the pecking order.

I'm fine with Fernando,he's doing great for me.The problem is his 'help'.

And I would suggest Fernandinho is behind Yaya in the pecking order,which I also disagree with.

FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:
Been fucking underwhelmed with him, it's a disgrace that Ferny is behind him in the pecking order.

And I would suggest Fernandinho is behind Yaya in the pecking order,which I also disagree with.

He's too limited to play in a 2, if we want to play a 4-1-4-1 with him anchoring then he'd be a better fit but Schneiderlin, Song and Khedira were all gettable.

Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:
Kun Aguero said:

He's too limited to play in a 2, if we want to play a 4-1-4-1 with him anchoring then he'd be a better fit but Schneiderlin, Song and Khedira were all gettable.
Give him time. This is the down side of signing players without PL experience. Stupid to expect to expect them to hit immediately ground running. Fernandinho took a while as well.

MeatHunterrr said:
Kun Aguero said:
FantasyIreland said:

Give him time. This is the down side of signing players without PL experience. Stupid to expect to expect them to hit immediately ground running. Fernandinho took a while as well.
Fernandinho was excellent from the very first game at home to Newcastle and was excellent all season apart from the end to the season he had with the injury he couldn't shake off.

Fernando looks quite slow, a bit clumsy and limited.

For value he is a good acquisition, as a DM in front of a back four and behind two CMs he is very good, but in a midfield 2, his ability on the ball is tested. Matic for e.g is much better suited to such a role alongside a playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.