Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fernando

bluechampion7891 said:
For value he is a good acquisition, as a DM in front of a back four and behind too CMs he is very good, but in a midfield 2, his ability on the ball is tested. Matic for e.g is much better suited to such a role alongside a playmaker

Yes but I thought Matic looked just ok last season and this is showing why they signed him. It takes time coming from a slower league - Fernando has been caught in possession a few times and it seems to have knocked his confidence. This is where good coaching will hopefully step in - same with Mangala.

As has been said he's brilliant as a dm sat behind 2 cm! If we were always gonna play a 2 man cm then why buy him??? Other players could play there and i always thought that signing him and letting beast go meant we would go one up top more and have fernando behind yaya and Fernandihno! Either tixiki has fucked up or manuel isn't playing the right system. ...i know which one i think is true!

KippaxCitizen said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Kun Aguero said:
He's too limited to play in a 2, if we want to play a 4-1-4-1 with him anchoring then he'd be a better fit but Schneiderlin, Song and Khedira were all gettable.
Give him time. This is the down side of signing players without PL experience. Stupid to expect to expect them to hit immediately ground running. Fernandinho took a while as well.
Fernandinho was excellent from the very first game at home to Newcastle and was excellent all season apart from the end to the season he had with the injury he couldn't shake off.

Fernando looks quite slow, a bit clumsy and limited.
Even so, all players are different individuals. You say Fernandinho was class from the start, so you assume that applies to every other player we sign from abroad, who doesn't have PL experience?

Some player may take less time to adapt, others just simply need more time.

Very underwhelmed with his performances at moment. Looks lumbersome as others have said and poor on the ball.

My understanding when we signed him was that he was an old fashioned holding midfielder in the mould of a de Jong or makelele. As others have said it may be the system that doesn't suit him. But if that's the case why did we sign him.

So far .... doesn't look an upgrade on Garcia (end of season form) to me, or Barry, dejong or Milner for that matter.

I'm sure the lad will come good in time, but at the moment he's not quite up to speed. Couple that with Yaya's poor form and it's almost like we are playing with a man down in midfield. Then we come against teams who pack the middle of the pitch and if we play two up front we lose the efforts of another player. Add all this up and it's like we are playing with 9 men - eg first half yesterday.

Some right shite being posted on here.I thought the Fernandinho saga mightt have helped some of you,obviously not.

The lad is quality.

Bring back Javi Garcia...!

Yeah right! The Octopus just needs more time to adapt, he'll be a great signing for us in the long run.

It's unfair to judge the lad yet. I thought he looked an inspired buy in the gaes against Newcastle and Liverpool and then he got that injury against Stoke, which never helps a player to settle. He did very well indeed at Villa where he made us much more secure and Villa didn't launch a single counter after he came on. Against Spurs, though, I think the best that can be said is that "he contributed to making it a very open game", which isn't exactly what we bought him for! Yesterday he never seemed to get into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.