Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting eleven, need to start with Milner in the middle against Stoke alongside Fernandino, he's simply not at the required level, Porto spanked us on this one.

Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Appalling. Again. Been saying since the first half of his debut that he's not good enough and I got slaughtered for it. Not seen those posters back on this thread recently...

To be fair you rightly got slaughted for writing off a player after 45 minutes of his debut.

However, if a player has been awful for over half a season then that's when his value to the team should be judged.

I didn't write him off after 45 minutes. I said he doesn't move in to positions to receive the ball, doesn't show feet, doesn't read the game very well and looks sluggish. I stand by every single one of those assessments, it's just taken half a season for some people to realise.

I've said at various different times that he should never play in a 442 and got slaughtered again. I'll have to check the stats, but I think our win percentage with him in a 442 is less than 50%.

During our last awful run in the autumn people came on here and told me Fernando wasn't the problem, but Yaya was. I'd love those people to come on here and defend that view after what's happened during December and January.

Some people just can't accept that our signings on the whole since we signed Aguero have been fucking abysmal. They want them to be good so they talk them up. It was clear early on to me that he was not good enough. He has had the odd decent game when he has to just sit there and defend but on the whole crap.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Good in the tackle but poor on the ball. Amazing that in Portugal he was regarded better than Matic.
"good in the tackle" ,if only

Sorry to say it but the only game he was decent in was Roma away .
Must be one of the worst central midfielders we have ever had .
I would rather have kept Garcia than buy this lad .

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
To be fair you rightly got slaughted for writing off a player after 45 minutes of his debut.

However, if a player has been awful for over half a season then that's when his value to the team should be judged.

I didn't write him off after 45 minutes. I said he doesn't move in to positions to receive the ball, doesn't show feet, doesn't read the game very well and looks sluggish. I stand by every single one of those assessments, it's just taken half a season for some people to realise.

I've said at various different times that he should never play in a 442 and got slaughtered again. I'll have to check the stats, but I think our win percentage with him in a 442 is less than 50%.

During our last awful run in the autumn people came on here and told me Fernando wasn't the problem, but Yaya was. I'd love those people to come on here and defend that view after what's happened during December and January.

Some people just can't accept that our signings on the whole since we signed Aguero have been fucking abysmal. They want them to be good so they talk them up. It was clear early on to me that he was not good enough. He has had the odd decent game when he has to just sit there and defend but on the whole crap.

I agree....transfer targets have been VERY poor and we paying for it now....not creative enough, only able to play within a system and when that system doesn't work we've not been good enough to overcome the issue...I also agree with the comments on Fernando....doesn't look good enough to play in the prem, forget a top 2 team.....Who can we blame for the transfer targets because who ever it is.....needs to get his act together fast.....

Total garbage today.

Fernando is a more limited version of De Jong in that he can't head the ball.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team and Peller's continually picking him will cost him his job.

Just another shit buy in an ever increasing line of shit buys.
In any other company the person in charge of the hiring and firing would themselves be out of a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.