Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
city91 said:
The funny thing is that we got rid of De Jong over his one dimensional play but signed this fraud who is even worse. He is literally incapable of playing a one touch pass. It takes him an age to control a 5 yard pass.

The frustrating thing is that he will probably play a blinder against Barcelona and be our stand out player. However, there are only a handful of teams in Europe who we will be on the back foot against.

9 times out of 10 we will be the dominant side and he cannot play that system.

This is the issue. In games where we are not on the front foot (Roma, Chelsea) he looks ok.

In these sort of games he shouldn't be playing. Pellegrini is totally 100% responsible for this and the blame lies at his door.

Milner and Navas were our two best players last week and both got dropped,

Had we played those two today instead of Dzeko and Fernando I think the result could have been different.

Should we really be spending around £30 million on defensive midfielders (Garcia and Fernando) to play a role in 5 games a season?

Fernandinho can do everything Fernando can but he is also quicker in every aspect of his game.

We need to sign a quick, first time passing midfielder who can move the ball quickly from defence to attack.

Appalling. Again. Been saying since the first half of his debut that he's not good enough and I got slaughtered for it. Not seen those posters back on this thread recently...

city91 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
city91 said:
The funny thing is that we got rid of De Jong over his one dimensional play but signed this fraud who is even worse. He is literally incapable of playing a one touch pass. It takes him an age to control a 5 yard pass.

The frustrating thing is that he will probably play a blinder against Barcelona and be our stand out player. However, there are only a handful of teams in Europe who we will be on the back foot against.

9 times out of 10 we will be the dominant side and he cannot play that system.

This is the issue. In games where we are not on the front foot (Roma, Chelsea) he looks ok.

In these sort of games he shouldn't be playing. Pellegrini is totally 100% responsible for this and the blame lies at his door.

Milner and Navas were our two best players last week and both got dropped,

Had we played those two today instead of Dzeko and Fernando I think the result could have been different.

Should we really be spending around £30 million on defensive midfielders (Garcia and Fernando) to play a role in 5 games a season?

Fernandinho can do everything Fernando can but he is also quicker in every aspect of his game.

We need to sign a quick, first time passing midfielder who can move the ball quickly from defence to attack.

I completely agree i don't understand why if we're playin 2 centre mids we have an anchor man when they only work in a midfield 3.
If we are gunna play a form of 442 then we need 2 all action centre mids with technical ability like Koke.

Shaelumstash said:
Appalling. Again. Been saying since the first half of his debut that he's not good enough and I got slaughtered for it. Not seen those posters back on this thread recently...

To be fair you rightly got slaughted for writing off a player after 45 minutes of his debut.

However, if a player has been awful for over half a season then that's when his value to the team should be judged.

Shaelumstash said:

To be fair you rightly got slaughted for writing off a player after 45 minutes of his debut.

However, if a player has been awful for over half a season then that's when his value to the team should be judged.

I was hoping that this guy would be a powerhouse player who would give others space in which to work. Unfortunately he has gone backwards and I think his main problem is all due to a lack of first touch. It seems crazy to say that for a player we have scouted, and were desperate to sign. If you look at the majority of top players all have the ability to not only kill the first touch but to lay it into the right direction to move away from an opponent. Fernando has such a heavy touch and when he does get it under control his first move is often the wrong one. 12 million is no small amount but we need him to step up or go back to a slower league.

city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:

I didn't write him off after 45 minutes. I said he doesn't move in to positions to receive the ball, doesn't show feet, doesn't read the game very well and looks sluggish. I stand by every single one of those assessments, it's just taken half a season for some people to realise.

I've said at various different times that he should never play in a 442 and got slaughtered again. I'll have to check the stats, but I think our win percentage with him in a 442 is less than 50%.

During our last awful run in the autumn people came on here and told me Fernando wasn't the problem, but Yaya was. I'd love those people to come on here and defend that view after what's happened during December and January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.