Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCityX said:
image.jpg
That says it all.....As I said before more a damp squid than a octopus

Moves like a super tanker with engine trouble, can't make a simple ten yard pass, has no desire and the back pass in the first half was primary school level football, whoever scouted hjm wants sacking.

Our central midfield spending in the last couple of years in nothing short of embarrassing.

Fernandinho. £30 million. On his day or when paired with Toure is a very good player, at that money should be more than that. Think Fabregas or Modric.
Rodwell £14 million signed for potential but when paired with Garcia at the same time at similar money, why oh why wasn't a much better central midfielder signed?
Fernando for £12 million.

There are much better central midfielders at rank average clubs better than the last four mentioned.

We've spent all that money, and Fernandinho is good, but even still is hardly remarkable. Central midfield is the most important position in the team.

Hate Pellegrinior love him, he's got what he's got and if he'd have played Milner, Fernadinho and Fernando we'd have still been over ran.
Midfield recruitment is my main concern.

I genuinely think you have to look at the signing policy over the last two seasons, just some absolute shocking signings have been made and money not spent wisely at all, even with FFP restricting us.

Fernandinho was a good purchase albeit not 30m worth, but spending 50m-60m on Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, Fernando and Caballero is nothing short of embarrassing.

We could have signed Fabregas and Matic for that, add the to Yaya and Fernandinho and our central midfield positions look incredibly strong.

I am not convinced we needed to spend 30-40m on Mangala when there are plenty of as good if not better defenders available if you scout correctly for half of what he cost.

Desperate for any City player to do well, but really struggling with this guy. Watched him closely tonight and realised he never seems to tackle, spends so much time "tracking" his opponent until they pass to a team member who he then runs over to "track" until they pass to somebody else - generally ineffective, no creativity, passes to players who are under pressure too often, slows the tempo down way too much - seriously unless we are away from home to a top 3 team I see absolutely no reason to even consider picking him and based on that he's a wasted squad number

sam-caddick said:
I genuinely think you have to look at the signing policy over the last two seasons, just some absolute shocking signings have been made and money not spent wisely at all, even with FFP restricting us.

Fernandinho was a good purchase albeit not 30m worth, but spending 50m-60m on Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, Fernando and Caballero is nothing short of embarrassing.

We could have signed Fabregas and Matic for that, add the to Yaya and Fernandinho and our central midfield positions look incredibly strong.

I am not convinced we needed to spend 30-40m on Mangala when there are plenty of as good if not better defenders available if you scout correctly for half of what he cost.

NO we couldn`t !! Both wanted to sign for Chelsea and didn`t fancy the northwest.

Fernando is not good enough for where we need to be,a bottle of milk turns faster,very poor signing and questions need to be asked and addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.