Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Re: James Milner - Striker

whp.blue said:
billfromthehill said:
whp.blue said:
ooh! a real life keyboard warrior

You may not like the fact but not everyone thinks Milner Is all that if you have a different view then that's ok as for winding my neck in: fuck you and I know you think you are scary banging your keyboard but not that scary in the real world
How am I a key board warrior? Have I come across as the hard case here ?
I think not telling me fuck you ,you are acting like a tit, and your slagging the team again are you a rag ?

having been a season ticket holder since the late sixties I think I can call it as I see it and for me Milner is just a work horse but with the side we have now just being an athlete is not enough

I have seen enough shit players in a City shirt over the years and just because I don't like certain players doesn't make me any less a fan

we could do a whole lot better than Milner imho of course
Oohs the irony

Give Jimmy a Cake!
Give Jimmy a Ca-ake!
29 candles - and a deal from the Sheikh,

I really think we should be considering playing James up top against Everton.

It won't happen because Jovetic will inevitably play and Dzeko should be back, but for me we looked a free flowing side when James ran his heart out up top allowing space to develop or Silva and Yaya.

sam-caddick said:
I really think we should be considering playing James up top against Everton.

It won't happen because Jovetic will inevitably play and Dzeko should be back, but for me we looked a free flowing side when James ran his heart out up top allowing space to develop or Silva and Yaya.
We need to sell Jovetic. Fantastic player, oft injured, and never plays enough to get on the same page with the others. Time to move him on so we can get a healhty player with his skill set.

I would see nothing honorable in a man who continues to sleep with his wife, yet be planning to shack up with his mistress when the time is right?

James has had everything ceded to him and yet his future continues to be dragged out. He either puts it to bed this window or we should drop him to the stiffs.

Forget his application on the pitch, that is the least we should expect from any of our players, and it certainly doesn't harm his employment conditions, going forward, whatever the outcome.

Personally, I sensed a mood swing from Pellegrini yesterday, in terms of the continued courting and fawning over Milner's abilities.

There is a reason he has jumped clubs before. He looks out for No.1 - as is his right.

As is ours, as a football club not to be taken for a ride.

He has cynically dragged this out for 12 months and we are now right behind the eight ball and a potential £10m loss as things stand.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would see nothing honorable in a man who continues to sleep with his wife, yet be planning to shack up with his mistress when the time is right?

James has had everything ceded to him and yet his future continues to be dragged out. He either puts it to bed this window or we should drop him to the stiffs.

Forget his application on the pitch, that is the least we should expect from any of our players, and it certainly doesn't harm his employment conditions, going forward, whatever the outcome.

Personally, I sensed a mood swing from Pellegrini yesterday, in terms of the continued courting and fawning over Milner's abilities.

There is a reason he has jumped clubs before. He looks out for No.1 - as is his right.

As is ours, as a football club not to be taken for a ride.

He has cynically dragged this out for 12 months and we are now right behind the eight ball and a potential £10m loss as things stand.

Good points.

From what I understand, Milner is wanting assurances on playing time. Well the proof is in the pudding, he's starting near enough every game at the moment. I'd expect him to be picked for the Chelsea game and both Barca games.

He might not start every single game like Yaya and Silva do when they are fit, but surely he can't be so deluded as to think he is in the same class as those two?

If he stays with us I'd expect him to be involved in three quarters of games and compete for the title every year, possibly a cup or two, and have a good go in Europe. Or he could go to Liverpool, start an extra 10 or 12 games a season and compete for fuck all trophies. Looks like a no brainer to me, but it's his call.

crmcfc said:
Maly Wilson said:
Barcon said:
Where did you get that from?

From an ex-copper. Don't want to say where he heard it from as it wouldn't be fair on them.

Wow an ex copper gotta be true then.

Wow, when are you next appearing on stage? I love the fact that your material is so original. Bet nobody dares heckle you when you're performing your comedy to the masses.

waspish said:
Well Milner can talk to any club now if he wants a move so we'll find out in the next week or two if we have offered him enough dosh

only any overseas club !

MaineRoadBlue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Jesus, it's not often I feel compelled to make comment when just browsing, but some of the absolute shite talked on here about James Milner conclusively proves that City have as many morons supporting them as any other team!

If anyone seriously believes they could find another player who gives anywhere near the effort and commitment James Milner does then they are seriously stupid.

All this shit about 'if he goes he'll be replaced by a better player' is absolute toss. Yes I agree you may find a better technical player, but for commitment absolutely no chance.

In 40 years of watching City I've only seen 2 players come remotely close to the effort that Milner gives on the pitch and that was Doyle and Tevez.

If it was all about technique and ball skill then we'd sign a bloody football freestyler!

Simply put, thank fuck none of you are in charge of player acquisition for City or we'd be in deep shit.

You are still missing it. If I played for City this weekend I would give "100% effort and commitment" as I bet you would, so do you think we should start up front then?
I'm chuffed with his goals yesterday but if we had 10 James Milners we would be Sheffield Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.