Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I still hope he stays, But im guessing that Liverpool have offered him that Gerrard Central midfield role Milner likes. If its down to that then fair play to him and good luck.

I honestly think that if Yaya had gone this season he would have stayed.

I still hope he stays, But im guessing that Liverpool have offered him that Gerrard Central midfield role Milner likes. If its down to that then fair play to him and good luck.

I honestly think that if Yaya had gone this season he would have stayed.

If that's the case then we've made the correct decision.

We just need to make sure whoever we bring in has the same level of intelligence off the ball. He's the only one in our midfield that consistently makes good runs for Silva to work with

Good squad addition for us, who was wholehearted all of the time. Obv once they don't sign the repeated improved offers was always on the way.

Clearly will play more games in scouseland, not so sure about Arsenal tho.

Here is a thought re: ex players, Scousers are to us, what Sunderland and Everton are to Stretford.

Wished Milner all the best when he was leaving and still do. But seriously signing for Liverpool what the hell is he thinking bad move in my eyes.
Agreed; it's downward step in my eyes. If City didn't want him, then fair enough; I could understand him moving then. Or if the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal (at a push, even Spurs) had come in for him. But the club apparently offered him serious shillings to sign a new contract, which he has refused to do. Disappointed that he's chosen to take the course of action he has. Anyway, I thank him for his contribution this past few seasons and wish him (not his new club, him) well for the future.

Last edited:
He will know who is coming in and will know he isnt a major part of our future plans so he wants away. No issue with that but i do have an issue with not getting a fee for him and that's entirely down to him basically being a bit of a ****. He could of signed and still got his move, many ways to skin a cat

He can now be lumped in with Sturridge on the ' Greedy bastards ' chant ...
Two greedy bastards , there's only two greedy bastards ....

This decision goes totally against the grain from what most ambitious professional footballers usually preach .
The mantra is always about ' winning silverware ' and playing in the Champions League when giving reasons for a move .
He'll get a couple of token games in central midfield before getting shunted out wide again .

Good luck to him, he's seen out his contract, its his life and he has his reasons for leaving. Personally I think he ultimately knew he was always going to be at best first reserve for us and his value to us in the future was bigger as a home grown player than for the football ability he possesses.

He's probably a multimillionaire, he's played International football, played in the CL, won two PL titles, an FA Cup & a League Cup, so if he now gets the game time he craves and the increased wage he wants he can look back at his career and be satisfied of what he's achieved for a player of his ability.

Who amongst us can seriously begrudge him that? So to Milner goodbye, good luck and to our fans who are pissed off at his apparent betrayal, I'm sure we can and will do better.

I'm sure in years to come jimmy will get no more than a passing mention amongst the faithful. It's not as if Kun or merlin were leaving. Their legend has long been assured. don't really get what all the moaning's about. He signed a contract, Honored it and now he moves on as we will do also, Thankfully in opposite directions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.