Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

In my opinion he has run his contract down in order to get a better deal financially. You can never be sure but as a Bosman he may get a bigger signing on fee.

Difficult to stop but I always think that's a shame. I can imagine the stick that Yaya would get if he had done the same. I like Milner and wish he had stayed I just don't buy its for footballing reasons alone.

If Milner wants to go and play for a midtable club, let him.

Regular football at his age is probably for the best.

I couldn't see Milner getting a huge amount of gametime if the likes of Pogba, Sterling and de Bruyne all come in.

Better than Gerrard in a midfield role, still has the legs, and won't shirk a tackle, good signing for Liverpool.
I don't hold any grudges against him wanting regular 1st team games,as next season we will bring in better players.
Good Luck Milner.

Better than Gerrard in a midfield role

30.gif

That's fair enough mate. I was of the same opinion as you until I heard about his reported £12M signing on bonus.

Even if he has been offered that, thats good work by his agent. You cant expect them to say, listen lads, dont give us a signing on fee as i want to prove a point to City fans im only moving for first team football.

Hes a current English internantional who is a free agent. As there is no transfer fee he will get a massive signing on fee and big wages for whoever he signs for.

I can see why he wants a move.

If we strengthen with even one player in midfield and Yaya stays, as is looking the case, Jimmy won't play until we need to sure a game up, or through injuries. I wouldn't want to play that role either at 29 years old, he's probably got 3 seasons playing at a top level, then his decline.

If he can't get a move, on similar money and a hefty signing on fee, to a club like Liverpool he should take it. He'll be a hero for them, he won't win much, possibly a cup, and he'll play every week. He doesn't need to uproot his family and it satisfies his desire to move.

Selfishly I'd love him to stay, I like Milner, I rate him, but if we do strengthen with an international class young midfielder, he just won't get the game time.

Good luck Jimmy, wherever you go, you've been terrific for City since day one.
He's got no more years playing at a top level if he joins the scousers.

I just can't wait for the master tactician Brendan to deploy Milner in the sweeper role. He won't know what's hit him when he signs for that shambles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.