Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Prestwich_Blue said:
People mistake effort for quality. I watched him carefully and until Lampard came on and he moved deeper, he gave the ball away so many times. Virtually every time he got the ball on the left, the move broke down. It's amazing that Navas puts in the same effort and is often more productive (though he certainly has his faults as well) but he gets slagged while Milner gets praised.
Shhhhh!! Don't say it. I laugh when I read the "no one puts in as much effort" line. Navas puts in more effort-work than anyone on the squad including Milner, yet he never gets praised for it. And as far as effort goes, Clichy, Dihno Zaba, and Mangala, put in as much.

The idea that you can't find more talented hardworking players is simply a fallacy. I like Milner, coz he is a good player, but he is not one of the keys players, and thus will be easily replaced if he chooses to leave.

agree with all the accolades you can throw about milner

However - he is a limited player who when you need a bit more creativity cannot offer it......in a set up where we have to soak up pressure, defend and grapple then he is an asset BUT in a lot of our games where we need something extra he doesn't have it....him and Navas are very similar in this respect (though i do think we play in slightly the wrong way to make the most of Navas who is a more effective player when we are playing in a stretched game or on the counter attack)

whp.blue said:
J_Bow said:
Near faultless performance today, big loss if he goes.

Do you mean apart from the fact he left Ramaries in acres of space who them set up the goal with his pass to Hazzard?

People see what they want to..... Good old fashioned graft...... His touch continues to be extremely average and why, although I like the lad, won't shed any tears if he doesn't sign......

Staying on the 'see what they want to' theme, wasn't it ivanovic who provided the pass to hazard??

I'm not his biggest fan. I think he's a limited footballer who works his socks off but is at a quality level noticeably below that of most of his team mates.

That said, I thought he was excellent yesterday, and yes he did give the ball away a bit, but some of the stuff he did was actually quality for a change. And he worked his socks off as usual, which is admirable.

I gave him MOM and that was just watching the game, without any input from anyone else.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
whp.blue said:
J_Bow said:
Near faultless performance today, big loss if he goes.

Do you mean apart from the fact he left Ramaries in acres of space who them set up the goal with his pass to Hazzard?

People see what they want to..... Good old fashioned graft...... His touch continues to be extremely average and why, although I like the lad, won't shed any tears if he doesn't sign......

Staying on the 'see what they want to' theme, wasn't it ivanovic who provided the pass to hazard??

maybe, I just remember Milner running past a man into a space where he neither helped Clichy or picked up a man: allowing the cross field ball to Hazzard!

If we lose Milner it will be a MASSIVE loss. He is an English player who fills a quota which we have to fill. We dont have to shell out a fortune on another overated home grown British replacement like Barkley. He can deliver a ball unlike some members of our squad! He also has stamina and helps nulify better players such as Hazard.

Albi11 said:
If we lose Milner it will be a MASSIVE loss. He is an English player who fills a quota which we have to fill. We dont have to shell out a fortune on another overated home grown British replacement like Barkley. He can deliver a ball unlike some members of our squad! He also has stamina and helps nulify better players such as Hazard.
I smell a little RAGGY!

whicko said:
Albi11 said:
I smell a little RAGGY!

WTF? Rag for praising our own.

Whicko the thicko?

Albi11 said:
whicko said:
Albi11 said:
I smell a little RAGGY!

WTF? Rag for praising our own.

Whicko the thicko?
Raggy every one of your 8 posts have been doing City down, constantly criticising signings etc. if you are not a Rag then I suggest you get in touch with The Samaritans for help!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.