Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Who really could we replace him with? (genuine question)
We would be losing another home grown player which we dont have a lot of, so maybe Barkley?
But for someone with his workrate we would have to be looking at an Athletico player or somehwere like that

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
A player like Milner will be an automatic starter at Liverpool. He's a superb squad player, but he'll never be that here. That's the difference between us and the dippers.

i have my doubts. in their current 343 system he wont start out wide, sterlin, coutinho, lallana and markovic will have those spots. he may start at RWB, because b/w Can, leiva and henderson i dont think he will be an automatic starter in the middle either.

same goes for spuds

i am not saying he isnt a good player/top 4 player, just that IMO he will find it hard to displace established names in those two squads. whereas at city we know his value and he is a cog in the team even if not an automatic starter

jimmybarnesblue said:
Who really could we replace him with? (genuine question)
We would be losing another home grown player which we dont have a lot of, so maybe Barkley?
But for someone with his workrate we would have to be looking at an Athletico player or somehwere like that

like for like in terms of versatility and work rate - Koke

in terms of a squad player - promote Lopes

bluechampion7891 said:
A player like Milner will be an automatic starter at Liverpool. He's a superb squad player, but he'll never be that here. That's the difference between us and the dippers.

i have my doubts. in their current 343 system he wont start out wide, sterlin, coutinho, lallana and markovic will have those spots. he may start at RWB, because b/w Can, leiva and henderson i dont think he will be an automatic starter in the middle either.

same goes for spuds

i am not saying he isnt a good player/top 4 player, just that IMO he will find it hard to displace established names in those two squads. whereas at city we know his value and he is a cog in the team even if not an automatic starter

Very much the above.Liverpool also have the very talented Ibe emerging and looking like nailing down a place.
'Playing time' is a convenient excuse for him imo.

Every team needs a work-horse like Milner.
It would be a tough call to let him go, even more considering that he is homegrown, which would put us in an uncomfortable position
regarding FFP.
Now, we don't really know what he wants, is it really more game time, or a pay raise, or what ?

ZZmaestro said:

Every team needs a work-horse like Milner.
It would be a tough call to let him go, even more considering that he is homegrown, which would put us in an uncomfortable position
regarding FFP.
Now, we don't really know what he wants, is it really more game time, or a pay raise, or what ?

We don't know what City want other than his pen on paper.

He is playing more than enough games for us. Not like someone who only comes on as a sub. He isn't going to start more games at any of the other big teams.

kupest said:
He is playing more than enough games for us. Not like someone who only comes on as a sub. He isn't going to start more games at any of the other big teams.

But it took him to put on hold not signing a contract to get more games.

He puts in a good shift against Chelsea and is then dropped to the bench against Hull, fucking HULL! Comes off the bench and fixes a problem to salvage a point. There was no need to drop him to the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.