Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Jimmy has a simple choice , play 30 games a season for us and win medals , or 50 games a season for the dippers or similar , and win f*ck all. Looking at our other former players and england internationals Rodwell,Johnson and Richards , their moves to other clubs "for regular football" have not worked out too well.

Spot on. League Cup at best at the dippers.

tommybooth said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Jimmy has a simple choice , play 30 games a season for us and win medals , or 50 games a season for the dippers or similar , and win f*ck all. Looking at our other former players and england internationals Rodwell,Johnson and Richards , their moves to other clubs "for regular football" have not worked out too well.

Spot on. League Cup at best at the dippers.

He should be playing 50 games for us never mind 30

Citizens boss Pellegrini said: "To sign a contract, you need both parties.

"I repeat, the club want Milner to stay here and Milner has to decide what he wants to do with his future.

"Milner scored a beautiful goal but for us the most important thing is the way he works for 90 minutes."

-------------------------------

So still pissing us about.

He will be here for the next 3-4 years for sure. You cannot buy another british player like him without paying 25-30 mil pounds. I don t think it s about money with him, it s all about playing time, which he deserves. His crossing skills are amazing.

Games like last nights are the ones where Milner excels - he is committed and never stops working. I would love him to stay but we need to put some perspective on his season as a whole. He has played a lot due to injuries and the ACON and it is a good sample in which to judge him. For me he is one of the best squad players we have ever had, but I would say that he is not an automatic choice when our first 11 are all available. He is a workhorse and has some exceptional games - like last night - but also can have games when despite getting into great positions often fails to deliver a telling final pass and that contributes to not breaking teams down. A look at his goal record also is telling, although the same could be said of Nasri and Navas on that front. We need several midfielders scoring 7 - 10 goals a season - we can't rely on Yaya getting 20 every year and besides he will probably be on his way next year. I think he knows that he will return to a fringe player especially if we sign a true wide midfielder and a replacement for Yaya in the summer and that is why he is reluctant to sign his contract. Overall, he is a must when we play teams like Stoke and Everton away as they rely on high intensity and we have to match that work rate to allow our class to show. When we play teams who sit back is where he fails to deliver. For me he would be mad to leave even if he only plays 50% of games, but then again as a City fan I would give anything to wear the shirt for just 2 mins.

Even though I remain disappointed in his handling of the situation......I'm now indifferent about his future.........while he is a very useful option,his departure also offers us greater flexibility in a transfer market where i'm sure we can find a more talented player.

Que sera sera

Apparently he covered more ground than any other player has in a single game so far this season in the Premiership, 13.56km in total.

Ric said:
Apparently he covered more ground than any other player has in a single game so far this season in the Premiership, 13.56km in total.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Watching him at the match last night was like watching a tennis game. He was all over the pitch and constantly popping up on both wings. Brilliant performance from our wide men last night.

FantasyIreland said:
Even though I remain disappointed in his handling of the situation......I'm now indifferent about his future.........while he is a very useful option,his departure also offers us greater flexibility in a transfer market where i'm sure we can find a more talented player.

Que sera sera

Yeah fully agree. Found myself thinking about it when the "We want you to stay" chant went up. It was cool that the travelling support showed how much they love him. I remain convinced though that Milner could care less. He probably knows where he's going next and what he'll be paid and whatever we say or do will make little difference. Lets hope he leaves with a couple more medals at least. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.