Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

allyboy said:
Please for crying out loud City, Sign him up for another 5 years.
Absolute legend, perfect professional. Made of Steel.

Easy to suggest but unfortunately the ball hasn't been in our court for quite some time.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
A player like Milner will be an automatic starter at Liverpool. He's a superb squad player, but he'll never be that here. That's the difference between us and the dippers.

Also we don't kill innocent Italians, throw slabs on Bulgarian waiters heads or rob our own of final tickets.

Kun Aguero said:
A player like Milner will be an automatic starter at Liverpool. He's a superb squad player, but he'll never be that here. That's the difference between us and the dippers.

Also we don't kill innocent Italians, throw slabs on Bulgarian waiters heads or rob our own of final tickets.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but they've won it 5 times you know. It's not generally something they like to talk about but they have, and we haven't !

Astley Lad said:
Kun Aguero said:

Not sure if you're aware of this, but they've won it 5 times you know. It's not generally something they like to talk about but they have, and we haven't !

1) I don't agree that Milner will be an automatic starter at Liverpool
2) I don't think he's had any intention of staying, surely new contract would have been sorted by now. City have already shown their willingness to keep him
3) Only other conclusion is a another greedy agent in the mix trying to rinse City is complicating things?

If I were Milner I would be careful what he wished for .... Grass may look greener, but I don't see him going anywhere that would be anything other than a downward move .....

If he does leave its a blow for City with the need for HG quota - Top class HG players are very expensive!!

My thought for what it's worth (usually nothing but here goes)

The reason Jimmy hasn't signed isn't to do with money or playing so much but maybe more to do with where he plays when he does (This might of been covered in the thread, haven't been back to check)

For most of his career he's been seen as a winger/wide midfielder player even though he's some of his best form & games have come in centre midfield, certainly that's where he'd been playing for Villa when we signed him.

Maybe now he's turned 29 he thinks he might have to play centrally more often in the future to be effective as he was never the quickest anyway. While he will always be able to fill in when needed maybe he's looking for assurances that he will be classed a central midfield player going forward & that's not something we can give him?

Don't know if posted, hope this ain't true.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.justarsenal.com/man-city-star-set-for-shock-switch-to-arsenal/38825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.justarsenal.com/man-city-sta ... enal/38825</a>

spanishblue said:
Don't know if posted, hope this ain't true.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.justarsenal.com/man-city-star-set-for-shock-switch-to-arsenal/38825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.justarsenal.com/man-city-sta ... enal/38825</a>

It's click bait from Daily Express.

We'll know soon enough, probably after Champions League...

daveyboybluemoon said:
My thought for what it's worth (usually nothing but here goes)

The reason Jimmy hasn't signed isn't to do with money or playing so much but maybe more to do with where he plays when he does (This might of been covered in the thread, haven't been back to check)

For most of his career he's been seen as a winger/wide midfielder player even though he's some of his best form & games have come in centre midfield, certainly that's where he'd been playing for Villa when we signed him.

Maybe now he's turned 29 he thinks he might have to play centrally more often in the future to be effective as he was never the quickest anyway. While he will always be able to fill in when needed maybe he's looking for assurances that he will be classed a central midfield player going forward & that's not something we can give him?

This is the reason why he is leaving a I think. He wants to play centrally, which is his best position.

Find this one so hard, on one hand I do like jimmy and think he is such a valuable squad member and he is also home grown. On the other hand he just isn't as good as yaya or silva or nasri and he isn't good enough to ply in a champions league winning team . So for his sake I see moving on as good for him but I want him to stay as he is a great squad player and a very underrated footballer

Manchester_lalala said:
which is his best position.

Strange then that in his over a decade long professional career across so many different clubs only one manager has played him in centre midfield regularly and that was for one season only.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.