Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

This season, statistically YaYa is our best midfielder, Milner the next best (Incredibly consistent throughout a game) and then Nasri who from 75 mins onwards seems to become some sort of super hero dominating all sorts of stats after this time. They are then ranked Fernandinho, Silva and finally Fernando. Proof positive that Fernando is gash and Super Dave really hasn't been that super this season (Back to his best at Stoke though).
It is absolutely no surprise to stats watchers that our worst run of form this season coincides with the absence of YaYa and Nasri.

TrueBlue1705 said:
3) Only other conclusion is a another greedy agent in the mix trying to rinse City is complicating things?

If I were Milner I would be careful what he wished for .... Grass may look greener, but I don't see him going anywhere that would be anything other than a downward move .....

If he does leave its a blow for City with the need for HG quota - Top class HG players are very expensive!!

I thought I had read somewhere that he doesn't have an agent.

I suspect the real reason is financial and he has been offered a hefty signing on fee elsewhere in lieu of that club not needing to pay a transfer fee.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
3) Only other conclusion is a another greedy agent in the mix trying to rinse City is complicating things?

If I were Milner I would be careful what he wished for .... Grass may look greener, but I don't see him going anywhere that would be anything other than a downward move .....

If he does leave its a blow for City with the need for HG quota - Top class HG players are very expensive!!

I thought I had read somewhere that he doesn't have an agent.

I suspect the real reason is financial and he has been offered a hefty signing on fee elsewhere in lieu of that club not needing to pay a transfer fee.

I know someone within the club and he has always been pretty good with info in the past and from what I have been told you may be very close to the truth. Milner may be trying to secure a slightly longer deal ( to address the signing on fees) than the club may be prepared to offer.

I expect Milner to leave

If he does go, I hope he falls flat on his face.
Clearly this must purely be about money, as it normally is now. All players are just mercenaries.
Sad fact.

rnblade said:
Clearly this must purely be about money, as it normally is now. All players are just mercenaries.
Sad fact.

He served his contract and didn't want to sit on the bench.

Sad fact that so many people don't know what a contract is.

EDIT: Tense is wrong but I can't be arsed rewriting as he probably will see out his contract.

Seems like he's leaving. I hope the club will promote youngsters and give them time rather than buying expensive bench warmers. But which eds player can best replace him?

nowantads said:
Seems like he's leaving. I hope the club will promote youngsters and give them time rather than buying expensive bench warmers. But which eds player can best replace him?
Fuck knows, they never get a fucking chance!

rnblade said:
Sad fact.

wow a super fan

grow up. the lad owes us nothing.

If the report in the paper is true that Jimmy wants a four year contract and we have only offered a three year deal then what the hell are we playing at? We need HG good players and it would cost us heaps to find a replacement this next window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.