Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Bluekiwi said:
If the report in the paper is true that Jimmy wants a four year contract and we have only offered a three year deal then what the hell are we playing at? We need HG good players and it would cost us heaps to find a replacement this next window.
I don't think that's the only stumbling block. There must be something in there about the number of games he's supposed to start.

Bluekiwi said:
If the report in the paper is true that Jimmy wants a four year contract and we have only offered a three year deal then what the hell are we playing at? We need HG good players and it would cost us heaps to find a replacement this next window.
It would be mad to give a 29 year old with no pace, who's main attribute is energy, a 4 year, big money contract. I imagine it's just bollocks from his agent anyway, releasing a new excuse for not signing now the "I want game time" excuse has run out of legs. I'm sure if we offered him a 4 year deal they'd come up with some other reason why they can't sign. Just my opinion, but it looks like he decided to leave a while ago.

City need to call Milners bluff

reportedly it is not about money

rumour is we have offered a three year deal worth £80 k a week
Milner wants a four year deal

so offer Milner a four year deal at £60k the money works out the same over the length of the contract

See what excuse Milner comes up with then

whp.blue said:

so offer Milner a four year deal at £60k the money works out the same over the length of the contract

No it doesn't work out the same at all

chris85mcfc said:
whp.blue said:

What am I missing ? It does in my head.

chris85mcfc said:
whp.blue said:

You're right, if a little cloudy with the delivery

I presume you meant 80k over 4 years!!

blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
whp.blue said:

An extra years work for the same money?

He wants a 4 year deal for financial reasons as this will be his last big contract

A 3 year deal leaves him in the lurch at the end with no decent clubs being interested due to his age

whp.blue said:

So he's supposed to do 4 years of work for what he considers to be 3 years pay. Makes no sense at all.

No matter what anyone says it comes down to money. He'll get a big signing on fee elsewhere plus 80,000 (for example) per week. Why on earth would he sign for us for no signing on fee and 60,000 a week.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
chris85mcfc said:
whp.blue said:

You're right, if a little cloudy with the delivery

I presume you meant 80k over 4 years!!

Yeah!

Not sure many people would do 4 years work for the same amount of money that they would get for doing 3 years :)

chris85mcfc said:
blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:

An extra years work for the same money?

He wants a 4 year deal for financial reasons as this will be his last big contract

A 3 year deal leaves him in the lurch at the end with no decent clubs being interested due to his age

Fair enough I get that, I thought you were saying the maths didn't work out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.