Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

rnblade said:
His work rate is phenomenal. If Yaya had Milners work rate can you imagine what he would be like.
Milner just wants to be on the field all the time, understandably. Looks like he will leave in the summer. Pity.
I like Milner but Yaya doesn't need anything he's got !

dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:
Milner on Tuesday delivered another shovel handed British slap in the face of all those people who claim Pellegrini learns from his mistakes. The last time Milner played in central midfield in the CL was against Bayern, he was a disaster and got hooked at half time. He's absolutely nowhere near the level required to play in central midfield in the Champions League.

I'd love him to sign a new contract, great character to have in the squad, does a brilliant job in a wide defensive role against top sides. But centre mid in a 442? Never again please.

What's that Skip? Milner had a pretty good game away to Bayern in December 2013 scoring the winning goal after City were bum raped in the first 20 mins of the first half? Christ! Thanks Skip!

Yeh, didn't Milner play left midfield in that game? Skip?

Shaelumstash said:
dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:
Milner on Tuesday delivered another shovel handed British slap in the face of all those people who claim Pellegrini learns from his mistakes. The last time Milner played in central midfield in the CL was against Bayern, he was a disaster and got hooked at half time. He's absolutely nowhere near the level required to play in central midfield in the Champions League.

I'd love him to sign a new contract, great character to have in the squad, does a brilliant job in a wide defensive role against top sides. But centre mid in a 442? Never again please.

What's that Skip? Milner had a pretty good game away to Bayern in December 2013 scoring the winning goal after City were bum raped in the first 20 mins of the first half? Christ! Thanks Skip!

What's that Skip? One is entitled to their own opinion, but you can't see how one player can be singled out especially in terms of one game in Champions League when so many factors are involved? Thanks Skip.

dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:
dobobobo said:

What's that Skip? One is entitled to their own opinion, but you can't see how one player can be singled out especially in terms of one game in Champions League when so many factors are involved? Thanks Skip.
That doesn't make sense.

He was referring to Milner playing in a certain position and your counter arguement refers to him playing in a totally different position and role; deeming it irrelevant. Or at worst proving him correct that CM is not his best position in the CL.

Who's Skip?

pudge said:
dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:

That doesn't make sense.

He was referring to Milner playing in a certain position and your counter arguement refers to him playing in a totally different position and role; deeming it irrelevant. Or at worst proving him correct that CM is not his best position in the CL.

Who's Skip?

I'm not sure who Skip is either, I'm guessing it's a reference to the fact he used to play centre mid at Aston Villa? Not sure.

Anyway, dobobobo, I've not singled out Milner whatsoever. Check the Fernando and Pellegrini threads, I think those two are far more culpable than Milner. Again, you seem to be reading selective parts of my post and not others. I said I'd love us to keep him, think he's a great squad member, he's consistently brilliant when played as a wide midfielder against top teams. You even highlighted one example of that when he was superb against Bayern away in 2013.

My point was that he's not good enough to play in central midfield in a 442. Off the top of my head the last 3 games he has played there were on Tuesday, the 2-0 home loss to Middlesborough, and the Bayern home game when he got hauled off at half time. I'm not singling him out, I'm just illustrating he doesn't have the qualities to play in that position in that system.

Alright, Skip?

pudge said:
dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:

That doesn't make sense.

Who's Skip?

What's that Skip? You're getting at judging a player based on a 45 mins against Bayern Munich, when the season before City were getting raped just as much by Bayern. Yes, different positions, but you're saying had Milner gone off in December 2013 at half time the same could be said that he's shit on the left?

dobobobo said:
pudge said:
dobobobo said:
That doesn't make sense.

Who's Skip?

What's that Skip? You're getting at judging a player based on a 45 mins against Bayern Munich, when the season before City were getting raped just as much by Bayern. Yes, different positions, but you're saying had Milner gone off in December 2013 at half time the same could be said that he's shit on the left?
No.

You're not making any sense.

Shaelumstash said:
pudge said:
dobobobo said:
That doesn't make sense.

Who's Skip?

I'm not sure who Skip is either, I'm guessing it's a reference to the fact he used to play centre mid at Aston Villa? Not sure.

Anyway, dobobobo, I've not singled out Milner whatsoever. Check the Fernando and Pellegrini threads, I think those two are far more culpable than Milner. Again, you seem to be reading selective parts of my post and not others. I said I'd love us to keep him, think he's a great squad member, he's consistently brilliant when played as a wide midfielder against top teams. You even highlighted one example of that when he was superb against Bayern away in 2013.

My point was that he's not good enough to play in central midfield in a 442. Off the top of my head the last 3 games he has played there were on Tuesday, the 2-0 home loss to Middlesborough, and the Bayern home game when he got hauled off at half time. I'm not singling him out, I'm just illustrating he doesn't have the qualities to play in that position in that system.

Alright, Skip?

Skips gone off to the bush for some more adventure, but I'm sure he would agree that he is not saying your wrong, he just don't get how singling out one match and 45 mins is enough. Milner could of stayed on in the same position and turned it around.

This is Skip:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLjdre6cACQ[/video]

dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:
pudge said:
That doesn't make sense.

Who's Skip?

Alright, Skip?

Skips gone off to the bush for some more adventure, but I'm sure he would agree that he is not saying your wrong, he just don't get how singling out one match and 45 mins is enough. Milner could of stayed on in the same position and turned it around.

This is Skip:

I'm saying I've seen him play extremely well as a wide midfielder for City, but I can't recall a single game where he's played at centre mid for City in a 442 and not been shite. My point is playing him in the middle is not getting the best out of him, or the team.

I've thought of another disaster at centre mid - Norwich away. If you'd like to offer some examples of when Milner's had great games for us playing centre mid in a 442 I'd be happy to debate it. But if you're just sticking up for him because he's your favourite, it's a bit of a waste of both of our time.

Shaelumstash said:
dobobobo said:
Shaelumstash said:

Alright, Skip?

This is Skip:

I'm saying I've seen him play extremely well as a wide midfielder for City, but I can't recall a single game where he's played at centre mid for City in a 442 and not been shite. My point is playing him in the middle is not getting the best out of him, or the team.

I've thought of another disaster at centre mid - Norwich away. If you'd like to offer some examples of when Milner's had great games for us playing centre mid in a 442 I'd be happy to debate it. But if you're just sticking up for him because he's your favourite, it's a bit of a waste of both of our time.

Like I say, I wasn't saying you are wrong, but going back to the post I quoted I got the impression you think he should never play centre mid because of 45 minutes in a Bayern Munich match. Perhaps you had posted earlier on other matches where he has been rubbish, and had I read those posts I wouldn't of formed that view, but I hadn't checked and won't be checking because I tend to just read the last page and see what has been posted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.