Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

F*ck me but there are some proper c*nts on this thread !

Yes he had a poor game by his usual standards, not helped by clearly not being 100% fit, and, as pointed out by others played in a pairing and position that did him and us no favors.

But to start driveling on about a lack of talent and replacing him with better "quality" is the mark of a true pumpkin, get a f*cking grip.

I think Milner and Fernando was given an unreal job yesterday. They knew they are nothing in a duo compared to Barca midfield trio. Lack of pressing from Nasri/Silva/Dzeko/Kun for 60 minutes of the 90 minutes just made it even worse.

Pelle did put so much pressure on this duo that has clearly no chemistry at all as he didnt play together as a CM duo its kind a of a joke to play like this in most important CL game.

blueonblue said:

Yes he had a poor game by his usual standards, not helped by clearly not being 100% fit, and, as pointed out by others played in a pairing and position that did him and us no favors.

But to start driveling on about a lack of talent and replacing him with better "quality" is the mark of a true pumpkin, get a f*cking grip.

I agree. To say that Milner going in the summer would be good for the club based on his performance last night is wrong. I think he had a poor game too but I think he was left out to dry last night by a poor midfield team selection against a very strong side. Of course there are better players out there but people are forgetting some of his decent games this season - rightfully earning player of the month.

blueonblue said:

Not drivel matey, if you think that Milner is a top top midfielder who is where City need to be then we will never make the next progression. He is a good player, but is he really quality enough for us, yes he has work rate but that is not enough, you seen them last night especially first half, quality and work rate, that's what is needed to progress. Would Milner get in any of the following teams :- Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Psg, Chelsea, I'll say no so how come he's get's in ours !

Don't know how anyone can even care one way or the other when it comes to Jimmy. Until he signs that contract he's pretty much a ghost for me. Was shit last night but can't bring myself to even criticise him too much because ultimately it's not like it's a revelation that he's an average work horse who has one top game every 10/15.

His work rate is phenomenal. If Yaya had Milners work rate can you imagine what he would be like.
Milner just wants to be on the field all the time, understandably. Looks like he will leave in the summer. Pity.

Bluebee2 said:
blueonblue said:

Not drivel matey, if you think that Milner is a top top midfielder who is where City need to be then we will never make the next progression. He is a good player, but is he really quality enough for us, yes he has work rate but that is not enough, you seen them last night especially first half, quality and work rate, that's what is needed to progress. Would Milner get in any of the following teams :- Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, Psg, Chelsea, I'll say no so how come he's get's in ours !

Think you will find its the defence that is a pile of shit, we need 2 Fullbacks and a CB

flb said:
Bluebee2 said:
blueonblue said:

Think you will find its the defence that is a pile of shit, we need 2 Fullbacks and a CB

Think you'll find this a thread about Milner that's why I'm mentioning him !

rnblade said:
His work rate is phenomenal. If Yaya had Milners work rate can you imagine what he would be like.
Milner just wants to be on the field all the time, understandably. Looks like he will leave in the summer. Pity.

Work rate you say? Steve lomas had phenomenal work rate

His problem, as has always been the case, is his touch and awareness in congested spaces....
He has been 100% given assurances from dippers that he'll play centrally, and frankly, not arsed, he believes in himself that this is his best position and has the bargaining chips to boot, however, does he make the scousers stronger?? les Dennis moment......:::.

Oh and yaya seems to of got this far on his 'limited' work rate...... Here's a suggestion, rather than watching headless chickens who ignite flames in your loins because they run 11k per match, try watching what players like yaya actually do!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.