Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I know a lad who mixes with a few of the lads who work for City and he as been told Jimmy is staying next season.

summerseat blue said:
I know a lad who mixes with a few of the lads who work for City and he as been told Jimmy is staying next season.

What's he waiting for then ?

BigOscar said:
When you compare him to the sort of wingers that the top teams in Europe would have used if they'd played the system we did today, it's clear that he's not even close to the level required. A workmanlinke player in a position where most teams have world beaters. He won't "let you down" as such, but he won't win you games in the way that other players would. A useful squad player in his versatility, but no more than that, unfortunately he seems himself as more than that so will have to go.

Pretty much sums it up for me. I'd be happy enough to see him stay, as he's a good option to have in the squad and could still be used either in one of a midfield three in certain games or in the wider areas in a 4-2-2-2. But we desperately need a top class wide attacker - for me, it should have been the priority for the last three years, we have to go out and get one for next season.

bobmcfc said:
summerseat blue said:

What's he waiting for then ?
Been told he's signing at the end of the season. Don't know how reliable the info is but it's come from someone at City.

Who really gives a shit. About time we stopped singing this mercenaries name every game, he's holding the club to ransom but because it's 'Jimmy from Yorkshire' who wears short sleeves, trains hard and doesn't drink everyone's treating him as a hero.

Yaya getting a Luke warm reception is a joke, everything he has done for this club it should be him getting the songs sung and cheered when his names read out over someone like Milner.

True_Blue69 said:
Who really gives a shit. About time we stopped singing this mercenaries name every game, he's holding the club to ransom but because it's 'Jimmy from Yorkshire' who wears short sleeves, trains hard and doesn't drink everyone's treating him as a hero.

Yaya getting a Luke warm reception is a joke, everything he has done for this club it should be him getting the songs sung and cheered when his names read out over someone like Milner.

Agree totally

True_Blue69 said:
So disrespecting the club & the fans is doing something for the club then? Ya Ya plays when he feels like it, the rest of the time he ambles about. Milner has never said a bad word about the club, has always respected both club & fans plus he gives 100% on the pitch. I know who I'd sooner have thank you.

True_Blue69 said:

Best thing to do is approach the thousands of fans who go home and away and chant his name and tell them directly, it doesnt seem to bother them like it does you, as for the ya ya bit i agree some have treated him like shit at the ground and even worse some of the twats on here...

Being honest, at the level City intend to be, Milner is a squad player and if he doesn't like that then so be it, he'll move down and even then, he won't even play that many more games than he has here, I'm neither here nor there with him, if he stays cool, I like him but easily replaceable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.