Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Would only be £34m if we won the league, both domestic cups and champions league for the next 4 years. Plus a few individual bonuses no doubt.

If that all happened It wouldnt bother me at all that he's getting that much

Basic wage is more important, I wouldnt have thought much more than £90k a week.

The Milner situation is an interesting one as he sits in a huge position of power. For obvious reasons its much like Free Agency in American sports and to be honest Milner (and his agent) have played this brilliantly. With the constraints faced by all of the major clubs with home grown and English quota's, as well as the massive increase in TV revenue, and the general influx of cash into the league he stands to make a TON of $. He's able to use all of this to advantage to drive his price higher than market value for a player of his stature. IMO this seems pretty rare in football (and please correct me if I'm wrong), but there are not too many times when a player uses Free Agent status to his advantage in world football...whereas that is a regular occurrence in sports on this side of the pond. Fair play to James as its likely the last "big" contract he'll be able to negotiate in his career and he should do his best to look out for #1, as it seems he is.

if he's being offered that much just to stay its not about money, because i doubt he will get any better than that anywhere else. He owes us nothing he's seen out his contract and done a great job swell. one problem for us though is we are screwed because we have barely any home grown players

good luck jimmy you will be missed

I had to laugh at those ignorant twats on MOTD last night. Going on about how City should be keeping him,
as if we are trying to push him out of the door. Do they not know he's been offered a new contract.
It's now up to him. Either way i'm not fussed tbh.

cleavers said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Funny how all of the press are calling it a £34 MILLION OFFER TO STAY AT CITY...

Why not just call it a £165k a week contract?
It would of course include a signing on fee, as he will be out of contract, so the weekly wage would be a lot less.

I didn't think these existed any more, were they not replaced by incremental loyalty payments in effect or just higher wages otherwise?

I would have hoped the people running our club would have given him an ultimatum to sign by a certain date and they have already started lining up a replacement for him. I must be one of the few that wouldn't be to bothered if he stayed or left.

He's got 28 league appearances.

How many is he going to get at Arsenal? They've got unbelievable depth in midfield. I have no idea why they are after yet another midfielder. Maybe it just psychological. Look we can sign players from City

Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Santi-Cazorla, the Ox, Ozil, Ramsey, Flamini, Coquelin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.