Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Marvin said:
He's got 28 league appearances.

How many is he going to get at Arsenal? They've got unbelievable depth in midfield. I have no idea why they are after yet another midfielder. Maybe it just psychological. Look we can sign players from City

Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Santi-Cazorla, the Ox, Ozil, Ramsey, Flamini, Coquelin

Yep, all seems a bit strange, what ever happens I think he made his mind up a long time ago and it has been a very well kept secret - he's not leaving for money, I doubt he would get more pitch time at Arsenal, no CL football at Liverpool if he goes there though probably more pitch time .... It seems very strange, he must have a gripe about something although you wouldn't know it because he is a consummate professional and always puts in a shift for the team. Sometimes you can get the feeling that no matter what you do other 'favourites' are always going to be ahead of you in the pecking order .... I think maybe James has had that feeling with the likes of Nasri (undoubtedly a talent, albeit a flawed one) often a shoe-in under Pellegrini, that will grate on a player after a while ......

Marvin said:
He's got 28 league appearances.

How many is he going to get at Arsenal? They've got unbelievable depth in midfield. I have no idea why they are after yet another midfielder. Maybe it just psychological. Look we can sign players from City

Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshere, Santi-Cazorla, the Ox, Ozil, Ramsey, Flamini, Coquelin
Every one of those is better at their actual role than Milner too. Not skillful enough to be AM, not tidy enough in the pass to be a CM and not disciplined or tactically aware enough to be a DM.

He's done best as a water carrying wide midfielder (but not a winger) that doesn't really exist higher up the league than West Ham.

mancityscot said:
What's milners problem for christ sake? He's played nearly 30 games this season. Well if he wants to leave he knows where the door is

He knows new signings will be coming in for all the positions he plays. If he stayed and we get our summer targets that 28 games will be more like 10 next season. I would like us to keep him but I don't begrudge him doing whats best for him.

RandomJ said:
mancityscot said:
What's milners problem for christ sake? He's played nearly 30 games this season. Well if he wants to leave he knows where the door is

He knows new signings will be coming in for all the positions he plays. If he stayed and we get our summer targets that 28 games will be more like 10 next season. I would like us to keep him but I don't begrudge him doing whats best for him.
That has hit the nail on the head mate, he knows who we are after.

RandomJ said:
mancityscot said:

Agree with this. He has been great for us and what he might lack in in terms of technique he more than makes up for in energy and effort.
If he goes, he goes with my best wishes and I suspect he'll always get an excellent reception whenever he returns.

He has done a great job since being at our club, but if he believes the grass would be greener elsewhere then so be it and I wish him well.

I have said before that in all honesty Milner needs to be moved on anyway, a good player he has been though. This coming summer he could be replaced with one of the academy lads - Lopes maybe

He's that rare thing, a transfer that has actually worked out well for everyone.

I assume Villa were happy with the money at the time. He's won the lot with us. So he (and we) must be happy.

He's been popular with his managers, the other players and most of the fans.

And now he might fancy a change. Fair enough.

I can't think of another player that my dad and I have disagreed on so much down the years. My dad thinks he's great. And I don't - though he obviously has his qualities.

I watch the games on French telly. And they love him here. The commentators are crazy about him (selfless; workrate; manager's dream etc.). I wish he'd go and play abroad, where I genuinely believe he'd become some sort of legend.

Whatever he decides, I wish him all the best.

James has to stay ! He gives always his best and he is a gentleman ! We must love him and respect him more than the CL trophy ! He is the Pride in battle !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.