Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I can understand why he wants to leave. He has already won 2 Premier League titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup with City so he has won every trophy he's going to win with us. He knows City will have a massive overhaul in the summer and will bring in big names is his position so he knows he won't be in the 1st choice eleven if everyone is available.

To be honest, if Milner leaves it will be no great loss to City. He will be 30 next season so his performances will slowly start to decline anyway and it will free up wages for a better quality of player.

Thank you for your service and good luck in your future endeavors. Time to move on.

I would be happy for him to stay,and happy for him if he moves on, will always be welcome back and his name is up there for all to see when you talk about our history in the future.

RandomJ said:
mancityscot said:
What's milners problem for christ sake? He's played nearly 30 games this season. Well if he wants to leave he knows where the door is

He knows new signings will be coming in for all the positions he plays. If he stayed and we get our summer targets that 28 games will be more like 10 next season. I would like us to keep him but I don't begrudge him doing whats best for him.

If he was good enough he would have nothing to worry about.

Talk Shite are leading with the headline that we have offered Milner £165,000 p/w to stay. He is definitely not worth that. I can only assume City are going on the premise that it's better to keep him because we would get bugger all for him if he went and he's home grown.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Pam said:
Talk Shite are leading with the headline that we have offered Milner £165,000 p/w to stay. He is definitely not worth that.

How much would it cost to replace Jimmy.

Yeah, that has just occurred to me, so I amended my original post.

Anyway that's him staying put, if true.

Spoke to him last week at petrol station.
Said to him that I would like him to stay but understand he wants to play every week, wished him well with what ever choice he made and he said thanks very much.
It is his work ethic we will miss, if you look at stats of ground covered. Every time he plays he covers the most for us. I'm not saying he is the most creative but if you said to him, follow a certain player he would and he is also versatile.

Like I said to him personally. Hope he stays, but if he goes, then good luck. Never been a moments trouble and puts a shift in.

Its in The Blood said:
Spoke to him last week at petrol station.
Said to him that I would like him to stay but understand he wants to play every week, wished him well with what ever choice he made and he said thanks very much.
It is his work ethic we will miss, if you look at stats of ground covered. Every time he plays he covers the most for us. I'm not saying he is the most creative but if you said to him, follow a certain player he would and he is also versatile.

Like I said to him personally. Hope he stays, but if he goes, then good luck. Never been a moments trouble and puts a shift in.

really good player as everyone says and by all accounts not a financial reason...all the best to him either way ...ofcourse the club is trying even more hard as he is home grown....we havent recruited well recently and it shows ( yes FFP did play its role)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.