Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Pablo Zabaleta Appreciation Thread

Blue Haze said:
jimharri said:
bluevengence said:
He can kiss my badge anytime
B4hwAc3IIAAN5k2.jpg

Anyone who doubts that our players care, have them take a look at that picture. It meant the world to him.

Fucking hell that's enough to make me well up! What a hero.

This guy has Blue Blood.............

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xlJn9ZJpYw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xlJn9ZJpYw</a>

Neil Ashton ‏@neilashton_ 2h2 hours ago
There's a man who is entitled to kiss the badge: Pablo Zabaleta. Top player.

Even our mate Neil can come out with a tweet like that.

Had to cringe at this reply though:

Chris Barry ‏@chrisbarry_mcr 2h2 hours ago
@neilashton_ @MailSport does Mangala get more than 1/10 tonight?

baildon blue said:
herrock said:
He will be remembered a long time after he has finished playing, an absolute legend,,,,,, He got skinned a few times tonight though!!
He wasn't at his best in that 1st half .
He improved in the 2nd half .
I think Pellers had a word with Navas early on telling him to give Zab more cover. Fair play, think it closed down that avenue thereafter.

was gonna start a thread about zabs being past his best and has lost a bit of pace , after the chasing he got in the 1st half tonight , but i couldnt bring myself to do it , because i love the fella , and then he comes up with that goal . I buy my grandson a shirt with zabs on the back every year , and its the best £60 i spend every year .

jimmygrimblesboots said:
was gonna start a thread about zabs being past his best and has lost a bit of pace , after the chasing he got in the 1st half tonight , but i couldnt bring myself to do it , because i love the fella , and then he comes up with that goal . I buy my grandson a shirt with zabs on the back every year , and its the best £60 i spend every year .

Was this based on one game and mainly one Roma player in particular who as a shit load of pace?

dobobobo said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

Was this based on one game and mainly one Roma player in particular who as a shit load of pace?

no , i think zabs has struggled a bit this season , but he has set such a high standard , you dont expect wingers to go past him , watched zabs many times in the flesh and he reads the game so well , something you dont pick up when you watch it from an armchair on TV , his positional sense is excellent. Hopefully his experience will mean he is our 1st choice right back for the next 2 or 3 years , cant imagine a city team without him.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
dobobobo said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:

no , i think zabs has struggled a bit this season , but he has set such a high standard , you dont expect wingers to go past him , watched zabs many times in the flesh and he reads the game so well , something you dont pick up when you watch it from an armchair on TV , his positional sense is excellent. Hopefully his experience will mean he is our 1st choice right back for the next 2 or 3 years , cant imagine a city team without him.

No pre-season, think he suffered with a bit of a World Cup hangover. The whole team wasn't working well for the first 3 months of the season bar the odd game. He's been solid with some excellent performances in recent weeks, but I think he links up best with Silva in the side who has of course been missing. Silva see's his runs and picks him out. I think a lack of this has seen some of the gloss taken off the good performances he's put in of late - compared to last season.

He had little cover in the first half also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.