Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Zabaleta's Recent Form

Let us adopt the mantra oft used when FatScouseGit is kicking his way wearing a SwampDonkey or England shirt - take the passion out of his game, etc, etc, etc. If Zab is reverting to the approach he seemed to display when he first came, giving away needless fouls on the edge of the box, we still have giants in the box who should be able to defend. Viva Zabaleta!

Legitimate concern, but I think it's more a case of trying too hard to be creative and getting caught out of position. Once we have the squad back to usual it should calm down and he'll stop trying to do too much.

Gives away a lot of silly, needless freekicks. The one against Everton was unforgiveable when you take into consideration that it was Phil Jagielka who had the ball, and he had his back to goal.

I guess its just his eagerness to win the ball back, but i wouldn't change anything else about him or his game.

Not a big concern. In my eyes, even an offensively poor Zaba is still a hundred times better than what Clichy will ever produce in his hole career.
He will deliver the goods come the big games, you can bet your left nut on it.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Okay, I’ll come clean.

I’m sick to the back teeth of reading about empty seats, lack of atmosphere and perceived agendas. Let’s argue about something different.

Forgetting his popularity and undoubted bravery, the last three Premier League games have all witnessed goals conceded from Zabaleta fouls. He was also lucky not to receive two yellows at Southampton.

Should we be worried because I can think of other games where he’s done similar rash challenges, but got away with it?

Still ten times better than Luke Shaw !

ZZmaestro said:
Not a big concern. In my eyes, even an offensively poor Zaba is still a hundred times better than what Clichy will ever produce in his hole career.

Are you saying he plays like an arse ???

ZZmaestro said:

Aye, apart from his assist for the Derby winner and his 2 assists in the Sunderland. Oh and his goal at Southampton away

Clichy has been brilliant since he came back into the team after Kolarovs injury

I'm reporting this Blasphemous thread - I won't have anyone talk badly about Pablo Zabaleta!

At the risk of get slaughtered I think he's gone off a bit from the previous high standards he set .unfortunately his finishing is probably the worst at the club if it wasn't he'd be leading scorer.still very very good player tho

chris85mcfc said:
Gives away a lot of silly, needless freekicks. The one against Everton was unforgiveable when you take into consideration that it was Phil Jagielka who had the ball, and he had his back to goal.

I guess its just his eagerness to win the ball back, but i wouldn't change anything else about him or his game.

I cringed when he went into the tackle that led to our goal. He could do with being more selective though. Perhaps because he has acquired a reputation as a fighter he finds it more difficult to just hold his position sometimes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.