Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Player Topic: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

In his defence, he wasn't our worst player tonight. That's not saying much though.

What a poor signing Sagna has been.

We needed someone who can provide cover, if not a bit of competition, for Zabaleta, both in his defending and attacking roles. Sagna has provided the bare minimum, being fit each week, but has not shown ANYTHING when picked that he should also be selected for the following game. A really poor signing in my book.

Sagna has been one of our most in form players recently and keeps inexplicably getting dropped for an out of form Zabaleta.

SlimShadyRus said:
Why don't just keep on posting in his older thread (s)?

I looked like fuck but was unable to locate one. I was certain there was a thread on the great man though.

And I wasn't slagging Zaba off, just an observation. He has so much more to give as we all know.

When a player as honest, committed and genuine as Zaba looks like he's lost faith then it gives insight into just how bad things are behind the scenes.

Damocles said:
There's something about him and Navas that I don't like as much as him and Nasri or Milner. I think they both try to occupy the same space a lot of the time which loses Zab's ability to overlap properly, or cut inside like he used to. Not sure of the specifics but that right side doesn't seem to click like it once did.

I agree, at times it looked like Zab was waiting for Navas to make a move with the ball, and Navas was waiting for him to overlap...
meanwhile Burnley was parking...

Damocles said:
Sagna has been one of our most in form players recently and keeps inexplicably getting dropped for an out of form Zabaleta.
Except that's stretching it isn't it. Sagna hasn't been one of the form players at all, unless the ceiling for that is very low.
He's looked average every time I've seen him. Defensively so so but offers nothing going forward.
Zabaleta wasn't even that bad today, certainly in the first half. For some reason he stopped overlapping completely in the second half and him and Navas looked like they were playing for different teams.
Not that I disagree with Zabaleta being out of form in general, he's had a tough season along with most of his back line.

Damocles said:
Sagna has been decent defensively but offers nothing going forward, in fact he seems to get in the way more than anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.