Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

FromPollockToSilva said:
bitsmith said:
Can't be recognized from last season. Defensively out of sorts more and more, the way Sanchez got past him in one occasion yesterday looked like pub league defending, and in last 2 games was very limited going forward though that could be under manager's orders. But we surely missed his overlap runs against Everton and Arsenal.

IMO, player who regressed most in this team from last season.

Probably because Yaya isn't in the team. The Yaya through-ball to Zabaleta must be one of our most frequent attacking moves over the last few years.

Plus he's spent most of this season playing with Navas on that side rather than Silva in that more narrow position that creates so much space for him.

The Silva pass inside the fullback for Zaba to run on to without breaking stride has been a key weapon for the past two years

Also looks like he's played too many games

Player Topic: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Amazingly, we didn't seem to have a Zabaleta topic so far.

Never really been much to talk about him but saw in another thread that somebody was looking it.

Re: Player Topic: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Cheers, Damocles.

From the Burnley - City post match thread:

Zabaleta: Can't find the thread on him. He looks absolutely fucked. Completely lacking in energy and far too easily beaten by just about anyone at the moment.

He had a number of opportunities to over-lap Navas and didn't bother - not sure why.

Looks a pale imitation of the player we have come to love.

Didn't think he had a bad game all things considering. Seems to have lost that attacking spark though.

Claytop said:
Didn't think he had a bad game all things considering. Seems to have lost that attacking spark though.

To be fair he made a lot of really good runs down the right but Toure never passed it to him.

There's something about him and Navas that I don't like as much as him and Nasri or Milner. I think they both try to occupy the same space a lot of the time which loses Zab's ability to overlap properly, or cut inside like he used to. Not sure of the specifics but that right side doesn't seem to click like it once did.

SlimShadyRus said:
Why don't just keep on posting in his older thread (s)?

He doesn't seem to have one that I can find. I can always merge this into them if I've missed it.

RandomJ said:
Claytop said:

To be fair he made a lot of really good runs down the right but Toure never passed it to him.

By the time Toure had got the ball, turned round and actually looked for a pass Zaba would have probably been on his way back.

This season, he's been a shadow of the Zab we know and love

What's happened to the overlapping attacking threat he gave us? What's happened to the rock solid defender that was never beaten one in one?

Just hope it's a blip and he's back to normal next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.