Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Have to say it's baffled me that Sagna hasn't been given more of a role. Seemingly obvious that Zaba needs a rest. He's played a huge amount of games over the last couple of years.
Zab won't be ready for much of a pre-season so Sagna should be starting the first few games,he must be adapted to the way we play by now

Sagna did OK in defence Sean but was useless going forward. He didn't get an understanding going with Jesus and Micah couldn't manage that either. Attcking fullbacks are crucial to our style of play so - heaven forbid - Zaba goes as part of the Pogba deal, I woukd look at Trippier again.

Zaba's still fine
you could play any full back in the world in that position but with Navas never coming inside to provide space or committing a man there is simply no room for Zaba to run into with an overlap

By his standards, Zab had a mediocre season. But we can't sell him. My favourite member of the current squad.

All I can say, is that having read the messages in response to that, thank f*ck I don't bother with twitter.

I'd be very disappointed/gutted if we let our best RB go to get a midfielder, no matter how good he is, it would just mean that we'd another purchase, because Sagna is nowhere near the level we should aspire too, for those saying they can't understand why he didn't get more time last season, well having seen him, I don't know how he got so much.

Zaba's still fine
you could play any full back in the world in that position but with Navas never coming inside to provide space or committing a man there is simply no room for Zaba to run into with an overlap

IMHO Zaba is able to link with Navas and that understanding comes from playing a lot of games together. Our reserve right backs don't get enough pitch time to build that understanding bacause Zaba - apart from a few games last season - has been outstanding!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.