Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

Barker imo has even more ability than Roberts, but he hasn't got the same confidence at this time. But Roberts has played first team football & the EDS is a huge step down for him. Had he never played at a higher level he might not be so much more confident than Barker.

I think Barker needs pushing. He is a genius imo but needs a bit of help to get to the next level. I'm not sure he will do by himself without someone giving him a lift up. We should not let him fail. He is potentially another Bale or better. We should put everything into making a player out of him.
I can see exactly where your coming from Nev.Barker is talented beyond belief but there are weaknesses in his game which,like you,i think stem from self belief - he needs the confidence of his manager and team mates to just get on the pitch with a licence to go for it and be pretty care free.......and hopefully the positive contribution will far outweigh the negative.
We certainly need to see progress as regards his development as EDS football is not the level he needs anymore.

Barker imo has even more ability than Roberts, but he hasn't got the same confidence at this time. But Roberts has played first team football & the EDS is a huge step down for him. Had he never played at a higher level he might not be so much more confident than Barker.

I think Barker needs pushing. He is a genius imo but needs a bit of help to get to the next level. I'm not sure he will do by himself without someone giving him a lift up. We should not let him fail. He is potentially another Bale or better. We should put everything into making a player out of him.

i agree i rate barker as our best youth product, however i can't see our manager giving him enough games to develop

i agree i rate barker as our best youth product, however i can't see our manager giving him enough games to develop

I havent seen as much of Roberts as I have of Barker but I would put Roberts in front. Maybe not a lot in it in terms of skill and running with the ball ,taking people on etc but the confidence that Roberts has from the first team game experience puts him ahead imo. Barker's limited experience with the first team suggested to me it will take time for him to have the confidence needed to show what he can do. My gut feeling is Roberts has that self belief to shine straightaway. The hard part will be to get Pellegrini to play him in the first team. Sunderland in the Cup surely.

I havent seen as much of Roberts as I have of Barker but I would put Roberts in front. Maybe not a lot in it in terms of skill and running with the ball ,taking people on etc but the confidence that Roberts has from the first team game experience puts him ahead imo. Barker's limited experience with the first team suggested to me it will take time for him to have the confidence needed to show what he can do. My gut feeling is Roberts has that self belief to shine straightaway. The hard part will be to get Pellegrini to play him in the first team. Sunderland in the Cup surely.

perhaps, if barker is given first team experience he could flourish and it could help hi mto develop, like it has with roberts. He has surely got to start against sunderland ... my fear is though that pelle won't give them enough chances, if sterling was at us instead of liverpool at 18 would he have played as much .... i dont think he would have done. I know we have to have instant success, but today for example navas did nothing for me and roberts should have come on

perhaps, if barker is given first team experience he could flourish and it could help hi mto develop, like it has with roberts. He has surely got to start against sunderland ... my fear is though that pelle won't give them enough chances, if sterling was at us instead of liverpool at 18 would he have played as much .... i dont think he would have done. I know we have to have instant success, but today for example navas did nothing for me and roberts should have come on
After yesterday I'm hopeful Pellegrini will choose Roberts over Navas, there is a reason Pellegrini has been putting him on the bench. Barker needs guaranteed starts at a lower level team first. He's not ready to step up to our 1st team.

AbJ4EYC.gif

Amazing..

After yesterday I'm hopeful Pellegrini will choose Roberts over Navas, there is a reason Pellegrini has been putting him on the bench. Barker needs guaranteed starts at a lower level team first. He's not ready to step up to our 1st team.

tbf though if silva hadn't had got injured roberts wouldn't have been on the bench or if delph was in the squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.