Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

He's like a young Barkley but a fraction of the price. A very exciting few years if we can bring him and other young players through.

Im not being biased when i say this but FFS he's already looking better than Barkley , Ross has his moments but this lad is consistent.

Yep agree he's already better. Fantastic signing do doubt about it.
Barkley's the lot from the same old pot of overhyped english talents that will fade away like Walcott and lennon, swp, etc etc.
If barkley doesn't put up a 10 + assist and 7-8 goal season he's not a top talent for me. nope.

Other than being English I dont see the comparisons with Barkley, Barkley's 7 inches taller and plays more like a power midfielder and his dribbling is nowhere near the level of Roberts. Patrick has a lot to improve on but it's hard not to be excited about his game, one youtube video shows more of his 1-2 play and his vision for getting into the right spaces, seen quite a few decent passes too. If he matures physically I could see him playing behind the striker like Silva putting Sterling and possibly Barker out wide in a few seasons.

As far as EDS, 1st team, or loan I'd prefer he stay around Vieira and our coaches and get the odd 1st team early cup games if he's in form for EDS, learn to play within City's style rather than go out on loan.

While as we've seen with Silva, Cazorla etc these sorts of players can absolutely thrive in the premier league they are very rarely developed here through a combination of coaching and play style (big shits will destroy them, and refs will allow it). We might have one of the few, if only, english academies that could allow this style of play to flourish which is a bloody tasty prospect. However I reckon it'd do him a world of good to get him on loan into the spainish league for a season, he's the right sort of player for that environment certainly.

As for the Barkley comparisons I don't see it, they are very different players. It's like comparing Yaya to Silva.

needs to go on loan imo bit wasted in the eds team
I don't think so, I'd rather he at least spent 6 months learning about what playing for City is about before sending him anywhere, let him learn how we play. He struggled to get games at Fulham, who owned him, so I imagine he'd struggle to find a club who were willing to play him week in week out at this point anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.