Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Tricky_Trev said:
Dare i say it... even more technically gifted than Silva. And Silva's a master!

Technically Nasri is certainly a very gifted player.....but I don't think anyone beats our Dave in that category.

Tricky_Trev said:

He's still well short of Silva for me. Silva's vision, movement and ability to create space is in a different league.

Nasri's probably a better finisher though. I'll give him that above Silva. But nothing else.

chicagoblues said:
Both are different kind of players with sublime technique .Can't compare an apple with an orange.

Nasri is more attack minded and direct than Silva, who is really the image of typical Spanish patient building up play. Silva definitely needs other players around him while Nasri will go on his own when necessary. Still, Silva is one of the best players I'll ever see in a City shirt.

Paulski said:
chicagoblues said:
Both are different kind of players with sublime technique .Can't compare an apple with an orange.

Nasri is more attack minded and direct than Silva, who is really the image of typical Spanish patient building up play. Silva definitely needs other players around him while Nasri will go on his own when necessary. Still, Silva is one of the best players I'll ever see in a City shirt.

Bloody hell, mate. There is nobody in our team more attack minded and direct than Silva. Arguably nobody in the entire league.

You don't see him looking to play it sideways, or backwards, or holding on to the ball when we break. He looks to open teams up at pace whenever he's on the ball. There's nothing patient whatsoever about the way he plays.

Paulski said:
chicagoblues said:

+1

You can't compare the two directly:

If i want someone to unlock a stubborn defence with a pass invisible to us muggles then I'd pick Silva.
If i wanted someone to go on a run to commit defenders three at a time to open up space then Nasri's the man.

I'm just happy we have them both and they can both play at the same time!

It is such a pleasure to watch so many great footballers play for City these days that I don't want to compare them too much. Silva and Nasri are both and absolute delight to watch. It is so good now to see a happier Samir Nasri enjoying his football. Nasri is a better finisher and more inclined to shoot and carry the ball but David Silva is such a joy. Love them both...and the others.

Zabbasbeard said:
It is such a pleasure to watch so many great footballers play for City these days that I don't want to compare them too much. Silva and Nasri are both and absolute delight to watch. It is so good now to see a happier Samir Nasri enjoying his football. Nasri is a better finisher and more inclined to shoot and carry the ball but David Silva is such a joy. Love them both...and the others.

Absolutely! What the players have in common is world class ability, but they all bring something a little different to the mix so that the team are completely unpredictable.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:

He's still well short of Silva for me. Silva's vision, movement and ability to create space is in a different league.

Nasri's probably a better finisher though. I'll give him that above Silva. But nothing else.
I think he runs at the opposition better than Silva and his ball retention is probably the best in world football for a forward.

Didsbury Dave said:
Paulski said:
chicagoblues said:

Bloody hell, mate. There is nobody in our team more attack minded and direct than Silva. Arguably nobody in the entire league.

You don't see him looking to play it sideways, or backwards, or holding on to the ball when we break. He looks to open teams up at pace whenever he's on the ball. There's nothing patient whatsoever about the way he plays.

I know where you're coming from, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Silva decide to play one pass too many instead of just hitting the thing when he's a few yards from goal. Classic Spanish play, trying to walk the ball into the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.