Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

BoyBlue_1985 said:
johnmc said:
Nasri was running at training today?? He was on crutches a couple of days ago.

Physios when possible like to keep knees moving as not moving them can be worse. Although 2 weeks after having his leg blown off would seem unlikely he was jogging

Doesnt he have a brace on to keep the leg straight?

johnmc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
johnmc said:
Nasri was running at training today?? He was on crutches a couple of days ago.

Physios when possible like to keep knees moving as not moving them can be worse. Although 2 weeks after having his leg blown off would seem unlikely he was jogging

Knee braces tend to be to stop the knee from moving laterally and causing further damage to ligaments. He most likely can still bend his leg to walk/jog but for him to be jogging now would be very surprising. I doubt the club would risk aggravating any ligament damage by rushing him back as knee injuries need to heal correctly or risk long term problems. We have Jovetic just coming into fitness so no need to rush him back.

Uptopbob said:
johnmc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Knee braces tend to be to stop the knee from moving laterally and causing further damage to ligaments. He most likely can still bend his leg to walk/jog but for him to be jogging now would be very surprising. I doubt the club would risk aggravating any ligament damage by rushing him back as knee injuries need to heal correctly or risk long term problems. We have Jovetic just coming into fitness so no need to rush him back.
I had major knee surgery as a result of a football injury at Salford Royal. I'd had the operation done previously at Trafford General but it failed and had to be re-done.

The first time I had it done, I had a plaster cast from my ankle up to my hip, I was in hospital for 4 days and told to take 4 weeks off work. The plaster was removed after 10 days, but where they cut my leg to get access to the knee the wound wouldn't heal. I ended up being off work for 4 months and had to go to the hospital everyday to have a new dressing applied and was on crutches. In the end I treated the non-healing wound myself with rubbing alcohol which cleared up the problem, but it was only at my discharge appointment I overheard the Doctor say to the nurse that I'd contracted MRSA and that's why my wound wouldn't heal!!

Even after all this my knee was still fucked, so I had to have the operation re-done a year later at Salford Royal (a hospital I would highly recommend). Salford Royal was recommended by a locum doctor as the best place for the public to go because it was a University hospital and trialled all the new medicines & procedures and was the closest thing the common man could get to the treatment given to a professional sports-person.

So Salford Royal it was then! On the day of the operation, I was in at 11am, going down for the op by 12pm, the operation took 3 hours, I was in recovery 1 hour and this time there was no plaster, just a bandage around my knee. At 4pm the Doctor came round and asked me to eat something and go to the toilet. I asked him did I need crutches and he said they'd only slow down and hamper my recovery.

He went on to say that the modern method is to get the knee moving and taking weight ASAP as this stops muscle wastage and the knee seizing up which would then need further physio and further extend the recovery period. I did what he asked & at 5pm he told me I could call the Mrs to take me home. The only thing he added was that I wasn't to be left unattended for 48 hours and that I was to attend my 1st of 4 physio sessions at the beginning of the following week.

10 days later I was doing light jogging and various bending & stretching exercises and within 4 weeks I was back in full training and my knee felt great. The thing is, medicine has moved on and the difference between the methods at different hospitals is frightening. I looked closely at the foul on Nasri and was quietly hopeful that he wouldn't be out for as long as feared and first reported and if reports of him jogging already are true, this is fantastic news. I just hope he gets back quickly and Jovetic, fills the void in the meantime.

Dribble said:
Uptopbob said:
johnmc said:

I had major knee surgery as a result of a football injury at Salford Royal. I'd had the operation done previously at Trafford General but it failed and had to be re-done.

The first time I had it done, I had a plaster cast from my ankle up to my hip, I was in hospital for 4 days and told to take 4 weeks off work. The plaster was removed after 10 days, but where they cut my leg to get access to the knee the wound wouldn't heal. I ended up being off work for 4 months and had to go to the hospital everyday to have a new dressing applied and was on crutches. In the end I treated the non-healing wound myself with rubbing alcohol which cleared up the problem, but it was only at my discharge appointment I overheard the Doctor say to the nurse that I'd contracted MRSA and that's why my wound wouldn't heal!!

Even after all this my knee was still fucked, so I had to have the operation re-done a year later at Salford Royal (a hospital I would highly recommend). Salford Royal was recommended by a locum doctor as the best place for the public to go because it was a University hospital and trialled all the new medicines & procedures and was the closest thing the common man could get to the treatment given to a professional sports-person.

So Salford Royal it was then! On the day of the operation, I was in at 11am, going down for the op by 12pm, the operation took 3 hours, I was in recovery 1 hour and this time there was no plaster, just a bandage around my knee. At 4pm the Doctor came round and asked me to eat something and go to the toilet. I asked him did I need crutches and he said they'd only slow down and hamper my recovery.

He went on to say that the modern method is to get the knee moving and taking weight ASAP as this stops muscle wastage and the knee seizing up which would then need further physio and further extend the recovery period. I did what he asked & at 5pm he told me I could call the Mrs to take me home. The only thing he added was that I wasn't to be left unattended for 48 hours and that I was to attend my 1st of 4 physio sessions at the beginning of the following week.

10 days later I was doing light jogging and various bending & stretching exercises and within 4 weeks I was back in full training and my knee felt great. The thing is, medicine has moved on and the difference between the methods at different hospitals is frightening. I looked closely at the foul on Nasri and was quietly hopeful that he wouldn't be out for as long as feared and first reported and if reports of him jogging already are true, this is fantastic news. I just hope he gets back quickly and Jovetic, fills the void in the meantime.
Serious,woo hoo !

corky1970 said:
Dribble said:
Uptopbob said:

The old " I would have made it if it wasn't for a bad injury story" We've all got em. Except I just got pissed for 10 years
Lol....... Nah mate, I was already at my failed level and just returned from whence I came!!! :-)

Toure is hoping that his pal Samir Nasri will be back for the second leg against Barca on March 12.

“He’s not just my friend, he’s like a brother. He’s an exceptional person,” he said.

“We’re crossing our fingers for the return match against Barcelona.

“He’s in very, very good form. He’s a very, very important player for City. He’s been one of the best players.

“Without him it will be pretty difficult for us. According to the doctor, anything’s possible. He’s started going to the gym again.

“It would be great to have him back and to see him having a good game against Barca.”

(from MEN)

It really kind of blows that he is going to be out for games against Spurs, Barca, and 2 against Chelsea. All games that very much suit him on top of the fact that he is just a very important player missing important games.

The more I think about it, the more it annoys me as he is out just because another player didn't have the competence to play against him without kicking out.

Nasri will be racing to get fit and contribute and im confident he will come back ahead of schedule.

blueinsa said:
Nasri will be racing to get fit and contribute and im confident he will come back ahead of schedule.

Good I like optimism, hope so too - Think Jovetic will show his worth too, he's going to surprise a few teams, just needs a few more games to get up to speed .....

blueinsa said:

Plus when he does come back he'll be right into the business end of the League especially the Easter period. He's been fantastic for this season and I can't wait for him to get back, like you say hopefully ahead of schedule!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.