Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri is NOT useless

dref619 said:
While it's a good interview , there is a quite telling moment in it that somes alot about the lad up for me.
When he's talking about the last day of last season, and he says he was thinking he's cursed, and about how he just missed out in marseille and how he's going to miss out then.
For me, that's the difference between him and a top top player, he's got all the talent in the world, but I think there is a mental strength missing with him that stops him from being top top drawer.

I agree.

Samir should try a Sports Psychologist. Can make a huge difference.

I really like the guy. He shows his humanity. Really hope he fulfills his undoubted potential.

Kun Aguero said:
citizens_1976 said:
I don't get the unfair stick around Nasri. He very rarely wastes possession for us and a lot of his movement and work goes unnoticed. He's a very neat footballer and as a club if you want to move forwards you get rid of the players with a lack of quality, like we have done with Maicon, Bridge and Santa Cruz, and not players who may not turn up every game but have genuine star quality. I really feel this will be a big year for Nasri. He's potentially a world class player, he just needs to knuckle down, concentrate on improving his game and us as fans need to also get behind him. He's capable of doing anything. Put it this way, he'd walk into the United and Chelsea sides.

He wouldn't get in the Chelsea team, Mata and Hazard shit over him. From a high height and Oscar's better than him and about 6 years younger.
Stay away from drugs.

bluevengence said:
Nice to know he still watches Aguerooooooooo`s goal now and then
I know some people have levelled at him that he can't be arsed, but you could see from his reaction what winning that title meant to him, yes players like the riches that come from being at a top club, but they grow up as boys dreaming of moments like that in their career just like the rest of us at some point when we were young and you can see it was genuinely the best moment of his career

acton28 said:
did Mancini play him in the wrong role?

yes. nasri thrives as a inward forward or an attacking midfielder behind the striker with no defensive duties. that's the roles he had at arsenal.

his role at man city has been different, mostly he has played as a LAM (left attacking midfielder) or RAM (right attacking midfielder with defensive duties. at arsenal he had no defensive duties as such. it is difficult to both defend and attack.

samir nasri - "At Arsenal I was playing a little bit higher with three strikers and three midfielders. Here we play 4-4-2 so you have to work more defensively"

if he doesn't improve by January i would sell.

I find him such a frustrating player. He may have the ability but his application is poor. He rarely does anything positive with the ball and seems content to pass the responsibility to another player. When was the last time he beat a player and scored/created a chance
I would rather have a player who doesn't have his ability but who gives 110%.
Maybe he will prove me wrong this season. I hope so.

phil58 said:
I find him such a frustrating player. He may have the ability but his application is poor. He rarely does anything positive with the ball and seems content to pass the responsibility to another player. When was the last time he beat a player and scored/created a chance
I would rather have a player who doesn't have his ability but who gives 110%.
Maybe he will prove me wrong this season. I hope so.

This goes for me also. Flatters to deceive, hoping for better this season.

I think he can flourish under Pellegrini. Maybe I've misunderstood how Isco plays (I haven't seen much of him) but I think Nasri could take on that role for Pelle next year.

Neville's criticism of nasri was not for city's or their fans benefit, it was for SNUBBING the scum!

dref619 said:
While it's a good interview , there is a quite telling moment in it that somes alot about the lad up for me.
When he's talking about the last day of last season, and he says he was thinking he's cursed, and about how he just missed out in marseille and how he's going to miss out then.
For me, that's the difference between him and a world class player, he's got all the talent in the world, but I think there is a mental strength missing with him that stops him from being top top drawer.

thats a very interesting point, if he had the mental attitude of aguero, kompany or yaya he'd probably be our best player,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.