Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

de niro said:
he's a fantasic player to have, when in sync with silva they are unstoppable.

Nasri had his best spell when Silva was injured early on in the season. Since his injury vs Newcastle he's more him old self with a few exceptions when we are leading comfortably. He's definitely a player that won't win you wars on the pitch, but nice to watch when all is going well and smooth.

The point that grates me about Nasri is that when the going gets tough he seems to hide. A great footballer would still be looking for the ball if they are playing well or not. Milner had a mere on Wednesday but was still always looking for ball and never let his head drop.

Nasri never shies away from the ball, many of you are making that up. He comes and gets on it and was on the ball plenty versus Sunderland. I agree with others that he doesn't seem capable of imposing his will on a match the way other players do, but when your best criticism of someone is that they aren't David Silva, then I just don't know how much of a criticism you've got.

He's just a touch off of that level of class that can dominate a match. As it stands, he can change any match and he works hard. He has a touch that few people on our squad has, even if he doesn't have a knack for the defense splitting through ball. One thing he does not get enough credit for from our fans is his willingness to absorb pressure. He frequentely frees another player by leveraging his close control to get out of a situation where the opponent has trapped him, using flicks and feints to find the space to play a pass into space. It's not something that ends up on MOTD, but he's comfortable under pressure with the ball at his feet, and it's important to have players like that on the pitch.

teddykgb said:
Nasri never shies away from the ball, many of you are making that up. He comes and gets on it and was on the ball plenty versus Sunderland. I agree with others that he doesn't seem capable of imposing his will on a match the way other players do, but when your best criticism of someone is that they aren't David Silva, then I just don't know how much of a criticism you've got.

He's just a touch off of that level of class that can dominate a match. As it stands, he can change any match and he works hard. He has a touch that few people on our squad has, even if he doesn't have a knack for the defense splitting through ball. One thing he does not get enough credit for from our fans is his willingness to absorb pressure. He frequentely frees another player by leveraging his close control to get out of a situation where the opponent has trapped him, using flicks and feints to find the space to play a pass into space. It's not something that ends up on MOTD, but he's comfortable under pressure with the ball at his feet, and it's important to have players like that on the pitch.

Nasri is a fine footballer, technically superb. People are not, however, comparing his football to Silva but his bottle and as the old saying goes, 'the size of the fight in the man'. Unfortunately, he doesnt come close.

He was no worse than anyone else on Wednesday, the whole team had an off day. He was poor against Liverpool, the pace and intensity of the game in the first half did not suit him, it completely passed him by. He improved in the second half when Liverpool dropped off, but I would still have subbed him off ahead of Dzeko and played Sergio deeper.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
They are some brutal quotes from Mancini I have read today about Nasri.

Bloody hell!

I happen to agree with them, but pretty scathing.

To be fair to Bobby, he does have a point, I still believe he is one of our most talented and technically gifted players.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
They are some brutal quotes from Mancini I have read today about Nasri.

Bloody hell!

I happen to agree with them, but pretty scathing.

To be fair to Bobby, he does have a point, I still believe he is one of our most talented and technically gifted players.

where can i read this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.