Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

chris85mcfc said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
chris85mcfc said:
Was just thinking whether his 'Quenelle' gesture had anything to do with this

Not jumping to conclusions but I thought it was more to do with his outspoken comments about the French media

Irrespective of what he has said/done all it would have taken was a proper chat with the lad to see what his attitude is like

Question is, is Samir surprised he hasn't been selected? I imagine he had heard a few whispers himself leading up to the announcement

I think he's been saying for 4/5 months that he'd be watching from his tv, he's known for a while and it is definitely on the back of the Quenelle..... The French media have used his immaturity as a yard stick to hit him with whilst growing up, he's the first to admit he was very aloof and antagonistic, this goes much deeper though, as you allude he has done a great deal of growing up over the last 18 months, so what can it be??? His football has gone up a level, his contribution to the team 10 fold, he currently sits in the top 3 of creative players over the last 3 years in the prem and most importantly, seems happy in his day to day life.

The reality is the boy became a man and he isn't prepared to toe that bullshit party line that stinks in France, for me he needs applauding!!!

I wonder if that sort of explains his performances this season? The fact that he knew he wasn't going to get selected but its his way of saying 'this is what your missing out on'

He's clearly a strong minded lad, he took a lot of stick (justified) off City fans for his performances last season but he's got his head down and come out swinging this season so fair play to him

I hope the club get behind him now and offer him a new contract which he deserves

I just think he's content mate, settled home life, a manager who knows how to 'man manage' and what comes with this is support and being loved by the supporters, and I don't think for one second it is some sort of fuck you to the French FA, he's just happy!!!!

Indeed, Zin. Monsieur Spit was the parallel I had in mind today when I heard the French squad.

On another note.. according to official site he is massively popular in Abu Dhabi! That's nice to see and I think very beneficial for the team to have players like him and Yaya and others who can expand our global reach.

Perhaps he should have chosen Algeria for his national team! I think he is quite popular there as well.

pweyhe said:
On another note.. according to official site he is massively popular in Abu Dhabi! That's nice to see and I think very beneficial for the team to have players like him and Yaya and others who can expand our global reach.

Perhaps he should have chosen Algeria for his national team! I think he is quite popular there as well.

Absolutely. I think this is a point that Zin and I have just been alluding to.

Samir, Edin and Yaya add to our brand across MENA and beyond. ADUG understand this in its entirety.

yamcha said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
^^^ Utter nonsense.

If anything he's worth more to us as he'll be fresh every pre-season now. His bird mouthed off after he was unfairly ostracized from his NT not before anyway.

He won't be representing Manchester City at the world cup. His value has dropped, his wages should drop too.

Will he be fresh for next season ? Yes he will, but because there's no chance of him getting into the national team, he might decide to give just 60% of his abilities next season. Who knows, maybe he was performing so well this season because he was hoping to get into the national team.

I hope we sign him up for another 4 seasons as soon as possible, but those wages have to be reduced, no other club would give him 160k a week, neither should we.

Or maybe he'll play outstandingly in order to stick two fingers up at France and say look what you are missing.

looked in good spirit today, doesn't seem to be too bothered about it tbh.

Clichy on the other hand though ..

I don't believe in agendas, but I'm absolutely certain that Evra keeps on being picked over Gael because he plays for United, simple as, and the French, in my experience (which is considerable, since I've lived for decades in the country) know fuck all about City.

Just regarding the non-practising bit, whilst Samir might not be a very strict adherent he is often seen praying during a game and thanks God when he does well

Don't care what his religion is, that is between him and his god. All I want is a great player putting in a shift and doing what he is paid to do for City. He has done that so good luck to him. If France do not pick him then we get a fully rested and focussed player back for next year, that is all that matters to me. If he or Clichy are a bit downhearted no doubt Pellers will put an arm round them to help them through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.